So was Gamora supposed to be the equivalent of Death in the MCU?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
During the infinity conflict in the comics, it essentially started because Thanos wanted to satisfy Death. So is Gamora what Death is supposed to be?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
No. In the MCU he does it because of his ego. He never got over the fact that people didn't listen to his crazy idea and he wanted to soothe his ego and re-write history.

Infinity War was basically Thanos: The movie. You see his origin story, his motivation, and he fights back and wins against his opps. The opening title crawl even had the dark tone of his theme. It wasn't the usual "Hero time :krs:" triumphant theme.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
No
Thano’s goal to cut the population replaces his simp goal
Gamora was to show thanos is not a complete tyrant
Exactly. It added to his character by showing that he's just a warped version of the heroes we spent 10+ years watching. In his mind he was doing what was right, even if he had to lose his family to do it. In his mind HE was the real hero. Peep how he wasn't giddy when he was smoking his opps. When Captain America stood against him it was more like "don't make me do this bro:why:" and less "I'm gonna enjoy this :demonic:"

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Walk me through that, because he kills her (it's been awhile)
Exactly. It added to his character by showing that he's just a warped version of the heroes we spent 10+ years watching. In his mind he was doing what was right, even if he had to lose his family to do it. In his mind HE was the real hero. Peep how he wasn't giddy when he was smoking his opps. When Captain America stood against him it was more like "don't make me do this bro:why:" and less "I'm gonna enjoy this :demonic:"
He basically answered it but to add
The whole time you're watching thanos kill heroes, decimate through everyone and talking about his purpose.
But then you see he spared gamora when she was a child and in his own twisted way cared for her. So you're thinking maybe gamora can stop him but then he's like no my purpose and kills her to get the stone.
when he talks to baby gamora at the end he's basically talking to himself like damn I had to kill my only daughter for this was it worth it? And he still says yes because his goal was integral.
Gamora was just a smaller part of the thanos story but the viewer bigged her up because we've been on her adventures