So we’re all on board with Kawhi being the best player in the East?

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
That’s the thing that gets me about Kawhi. He gets to his sports better than anyone I’ve ever seen.

His pullup looks like MJs or Kobe’s but he’s bigger than both. That’s tough. Bron couldn’t do the pullups and step back at crazy angles I’ve seen out of Kawhi. And he’s an extremely accurate shooter.
Kawhi is one of the most fundamentally sound offensive players in the league. He just does all the basic things, and there’s little wasted movement when he’s looking to score. Combine that with him being the greatest perimeter defender of his generation:whew:

Bron had so many physical gifts and phenomenal court vision that he just never developed a shooting touch on par with the likes of KD or Kawhi

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
in terms of percentage he's prob the best 3 point shooter out there
his midrange is as hubie brown described it "murder"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Kawhi wasn't being overlooked.

Nygga sat out every 2nd game of a back-to-back for "load management" (played 60 games total) and lowkey scaled back his intensity and effort from the first few weeks of the season, which was when ppl were gearin up to put him in early mvp consideration and calling him top 5 player based off what he did vs the Celtics, Warriors, etc., in those early games.

He was pretty much coasting until the playoffs. As far as if he's the best in the East, we'll know for sure in a month when it's time for the ECFs.

He's the best player in the East, easily. :manny:

Better than Butler

Better than Embiid

Better than Giannis

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Kawhis half court game being on another level while Giannis' was still a work in progress was the difference. No shame in that but it's clear what Giannis has to do to take that next step.