Spain’s plan to ban domestic flights where you can take a train in under two and half hours

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Majority of Europe is moving towards trains being a more dominant mode of transport. I know they would like to increase the night train service cross different countries borders as well, so this would be part of the same initiative. I would imagine its a sustainability measure, expect to see more of this. I have used trains across Barcelona and on the outskirts with no problem.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Good idea

Isn't Amtrak run by the government? I could be wrong, but remember hearing something like that. Would that be a deciding factor on pushing for train travel. ? The airplane industry will never let that happen

The train from Union Station to Penn Station was the best. Alot faster than Greyhound.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
That's nice when your country has the infrastructure for it....:beli: america still lagging behind with NO bullet trains like japan...

Spain built the infastrucutre recently. Yall keep thinking everything takes a long time cause America is corrupt. Since 2015 they been changing Barcelona to be a pedestrian utopia.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Good idea

Isn't Amtrak run by the government? I could be wrong, but remember hearing something like that. Would that be a deciding factor on pushing for train travel. ? The airplane industry will never let that happen

The train from Union Station to Penn Station was the best. Alot faster than Greyhound.

Amtrak is gov funded and operate as a quasi corp.