Speaking of male R&B - 95-01 appreciation

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
A comment I read under a YouTube video said that current r&b is marketed towards the late teens/ early 20s crowd
Ageism is backfiring on the industry.

You can only be so young focused/etc

the 30s and up crowd has deeper pockets, and will pay as is the case with other genres.

Just my guess. What do i know :yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's the only era and genre I listen to now outside of a little rap and oldies soul music. The era cannot be beat. The torch has not been passed.

I would extend it to 90-01, but that's just me.
oh for sure, but i zeroed in on this five years because i really think men were shining in a lot of different lanes, earlier you mainly had adult contemporary type acts and the hip hop soul/new jack swing cats. mid 90's ushered in a GOAT third lane with neo-soul.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
A comment I read under a YouTube video said that current r&b is marketed towards the late teens/ early 20s crowd
which is stupid, r&b was selling its best when they appealed across age ranges. Toni Braxton being able to get sales from a 10 yr old using their allowance, 30 yr old being cheated on, and 50 yr old couple who were deeply in love did a lot more for her career than nikkas like Chris Brown being 33 but making music for 16-25yr olds :dead:

Last edited: