SPIN: Fight the alt-right on The Coli DON'T suppress dissent

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
We all know about the recent thread talking about suspect posters that lurk or post here. The issue is real and there has long been disruptive traffic of this sort even before this site when that other 4 site took down SOHH.

I commented on it as well

Yeah, bascially I can tell from some posters. It is bizarre how obsessed they are with us. I have zero desire to infiltrate their shyt.

LSA though is fukking infested with them.

There are usually give away's like "don't vote", excessive and blanket Black woman bashing, or terms like "Democratic plantation" or "race hustlers/pimps". Not everyone who does this is an infiltrator but these are definitely their calling card.

However, recently, especially with this Kamala Harris pick, I have seen some posters, who won't be named, going into overdrive against any perceived dissent against the idea of not only we need to get Trump out of the paint but they Biden/Harris aren't severely flawed and possibly compromised candidates.

For the record, I encourage everyone to vote, get your family/friends registered, and get Trump out in November. I will be voting Biden/Harris. But that is where my obligation ends.

I am calling this out now since any perceived dissent or dissatisfaction with Biden or Harris, including those based on their records and financial donors, is being labeled 'alt-right' or Trumpset even when posters who I am nearly 100% sure are Black express these views. I feel this type of finger wagging will only get worse as November nears.

It seems some people can't hold the simultaneous ideas that Trump must go but they wouldn't be excited about this slate of candidates in any other circumstance. It would be good that they should remember that the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' doctrine taken to an extreme has burned Black people many times throughout history.

I personally am not attacking Kamala for her ancestry (check my post history, I am fine with mixed race people being Black), or even her husband (though his political views would be interesting to know :sas2:). I am AA but I am not even hardcore #ADOS like that. She is Howard and AKA/Links so I grant her that.

However, I won't be bullied from making a critical analysis or critical statements due to bullshyt like how much she voted with Bernie (I am interested in what the average voting with Bernie was for all Dem senators...), that this is a deserved win for Black women (Obama was about all Black people, now we have to focus on BW? When has anyone made a statement like a candidate is a deserved win for BM???; seriously, opposing her is soft "misogynoir" now???), or she is somehow some closet FDR that is going to go flip mode on the Establishment once in power when she has never done so in the past:usure:. .

The Dem leadership and faithful need to get their head out of their asses. Thinking that bots, misinformation, and dissent against the party line are all that made Hillary lose are incredibly short sighted. A lot of them don't want to critically analyze what made the Hillary campaign flawed and are repeating the same mistakes. 2016 should not have even been close but it was. Now they are repeating the same tactics. Trump's outright insanity, COVID, and the economic collapse are making them incredibly overconfident. Quote the polls if you want, they were just as flawed four years back.

----

TheColi, for all its faults, is a valuable place where (mostly) Black posters can (sometimes) maturely discuss issues of concern without the influx of racist trolls, biased moderators, and smothering majority opinion. I value it for that and if I wanted a progressive echo chamber I would go mentally masturbate with the Blue Checks on Twitter. But I'm here.

So let's keep it civil and if you have hardcore receipts on the messianic nature of Biden or Harris, give us more than celebrity tweets and Youtube videos and definitely do not write someone off as a 'cac' or Trumpset because they dare ask the right questions or speak to the fact she polled poorly with Black voters in her presidential campaign. She has to make the case, not us.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We all know about the recent thread talking about suspect posters that lurk or post here. The issue is real and there has long been disruptive traffic of this sort even before this site when that other 4 site took down SOHH.

I commented on it as well

There are usually give away's like "don't vote", excessive and blanket Black woman bashing, or terms like "Democratic plantation" or "race hustlers/pimps". Not everyone who does this is an infiltrator but these are definitely their calling card.

However, recently, especially with this Kamala Harris pick, I have seen some posters, who won't be named, going into overdrive against any perceived dissent against the idea of not only we need to get Trump out of the paint but they Biden/Harris aren't severely flawed and possibly compromised candidates.

For the record, I encourage everyone to vote, get your family/friends registered, and get Trump out in November. I will be voting Biden/Harris. But that is where my obligation ends.

I am calling this out now since any perceived dissent or dissatisfaction with Biden or Harris, including those based on their records and financial donors, is being labeled 'alt-right' or Trumpset even when posters who I am nearly 100% sure are Black express these views. I feel this type of finger wagging will only get worse as November nears.

It seems some people can't hold the simultaneous ideas that Trump must go but they wouldn't be excited about this slate of candidates in any other circumstance. It would be good that they should remember that the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' doctrine taken to an extreme has burned Black people many times throughout history.

I personally am not attacking Kamala for her ancestry (check my post history, I am fine with mixed race people being Black), or even her husband (though his political views would be interesting to know :sas2:). I am AA but I am not even hardcore #ADOS like that. She is Howard and AKA/Links so I grant her that.

However, I won't be bullied from making a critical analysis or critical statements due to bullshyt like how much she voted with Bernie (I am interested in what the average voting with Bernie was for all Dem senators...), that this is a deserved win for Black women (Obama was about all Black people, now we have to focus on BW? When has anyone made a statement like a candidate is a deserved win for BM???; seriously, opposing her is soft "misogynoir" now???), or she is somehow some closet FDR that is going to go flip mode on the Establishment once in power when she has never done so in the past:usure:. .

The Dem leadership and faithful need to get their head out of their asses. Thinking that bots, misinformation, and dissent against the party line are all that made Hillary lose are incredibly short sighted. A lot of them don't want to critically analyze what made the Hillary campaign flawed and are repeating the same mistakes. 2016 should not have even been close but it was. Now they are repeating the same tactics. Trump's outright insanity, COVID, and the economic collapse are making them incredibly overconfident. Quote the polls if you want, they were just as flawed four years back.

----

TheColi, for all its faults, is a valuable place where (mostly) Black posters can (sometimes) maturely discuss issues of concern without the influx of racist trolls, biased moderators, and smothering majority opinion. I value it for that and if I wanted a progressive echo chamber I would go mentally masturbate with the Blue Checks on Twitter. But I'm here.

So let's keep it civil and if you have hardcore receipts on the messianic nature of Biden or Harris, give us more than celebrity tweets and Youtube videos and definitely do not write someone off as a 'cac' or Trumpset because they dare ask the right questions or speak to the fact she polled poorly with Black voters in her presidential campaign. She has to make the case, not us.

yeah that’s my thing

if we gonna call something a win for “black women” then how about we give it to a real black woman?

a woman with an Indian mother and white husband does not represent black women. Like I’ve said several times.....if she’s good for the job then that’s wonderful. Just stop trying to overplay the black blood that she is cuz it’s clear from the choices she made in both her professional and personal life that she doesn’t have a black agenda.

1B3D3324-00A7-4DE9-B6D6-E2A4A1E2B448.jpeg

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
yeah that’s my thing

if we gonna call something a win for “black women” then how about we give it to a real black woman?

a woman with an Indian mother and white husband does not represent black women. Like I’ve said several times.....if she’s good for the job then that’s wonderful. Just stop trying to overplay the black blood that she is cuz it’s clear from the choices she made in both her professional and personal life that she doesn’t have a black agenda.

View attachment 29107

This her husband's kids right?