*spoilers* Se7en

Discussion in 'The Film Room' started by I AM WARHOL, Nov 22, 2014.

1. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

My homie recommended that I watch this movie. Told me I'd love it and it's right up my aisle. Looked it up. Saw it had rave reviews and had Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Kevin Spacey, and Gwen Paltrow in it. Thought it was about to be piff. Well I just finished the movie and I've gotta say I'm extremely disappointed:beli:. I actually hated the film:manny:. Thought the ending was a pile of garbage. The flow was all wrong. The plot was shaky. Nothing was really resolved or made sense tbh. Seemed like it tried to mask the terrible ending with shock value. It wasn't even clever. Told my homeboy as soon as she said she was pregnant she was gonna die. Am I missing something here brehs:patrice:? I legit thought that movie sucked

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Dwolf

Dwolf Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Murim
    Coli Cash:
    $2678.53

Ok

ExodusNirvana and obarth dapped this.
  3. I AM WARHOL

I AM WARHOL Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Gwinnett
    Coli Cash:
    $15.00

Don't just tell me ok. Tell me what I'm missing. I don't undertand why its thought of has a good movie. I'm trying to understand why my homie was so sure that I'd love the movie

4. Dwolf

Dwolf Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Murim
    Coli Cash:
    $2678.53

Word

ExodusNirvana and obarth dapped this.
  5. ORDER_66

ORDER_66 Aetheon and K'nuba 2, The Ningen, & Messiah 2019

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NY
    Coli Cash:
    $239073.00

I think it's a movie that psychologically disturbing, i mean the way the killer sets up and kills the victims. it's to rouse the cops up... the thing is the ending was excellent. he wanted mills to shoot him in the head. that was his master plan. Even Somerset told him, if you kill him, he wins. the whole movie was about the ugliness of man and the seven deadly sins... it was a good thriller. And eventually it was a movie in which the bad guy won. He accomplished his mission. he finished all 7 sins. the last was envy. he was envious of the detective mills' life. he was always following around rumor has it he was there with a press badge during the movie from what i read at imdb but if true it's like twisted genius.

If you didnt like it, then hey it's ok. i havent seen the godfather trilogy i dont think im missing anything...

6. IronFist

IronFist ○ The Scribe Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $406620.93

I picked up on something recently that I'll try to explain when I get the chance.​

7. gluvnast

gluvnast Banned

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

What you mean the ending terrible? Because John Doe technically WON? He fulfilled the 7 deadly sins. What is there to make sense of?

8. gluvnast

gluvnast Banned

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Technically the last one was wrath ... but you exactly correct on everything.,

9. Manny ManhaTTan

Manny ManhaTTan #GrandScaleVision Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

breh upped this thread to reply to a 2014 post :francis:

10. Devilinurear

Devilinurear Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

What's in the post!!!!:damn::damn:

11. IronFist

IronFist ○ The Scribe Hall of Fame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $406620.93

If you're watching this film I think it should be more so with a open eye. This movie imo should be viewed by everyone. One thing sticks out and that's knowledge of self or having acquired knowledge of self. Within this film , you got 2 detectives chasing one individual. The Math comes in to play to a extent because anyone that knows ---- knowledge comes before wisdom. However it does. The so-called suspect is actually on to them (2), even though they're hawking him. In the end knowledge will always come before wisdom. Putting wisdom before knowledge is a recipe for disaster.

Examine the characters of Morgan Freeman & Brad Pitt. Compare and contradt if you will. Morgan's character is someone who has knowledge of self and wisdom. Hes aware. Brad Pitt however is clueless and uncivilized. He moves off impulses --- not think8ng before he acts and speaks. He had no patience for acquiring the knowledge Freeman character is trying to bestow upon him. Mote evidence of the knowledge is even Brad Pitt character wife --- when she needs advice she goes to the individual who has insight something her own man lacks and doesn't seem to have acquired.

1 scene that sticks out like a sore thumb is the scene in the library. Freeman character commutes to the library to STUDY. Within that scene you see the security guards who are there everyday. The security guards in their free time do what exactly? They play cards. Morgan made it a duty to point this out to the security guards. Not verbatim but Freeman tells them how they all have knowledge right there at their grasp and yet they chose to play cards. Not this is true and holds weigh IRL, we have knowledge and wisdom however many individuals refuse to see or simply turn "blind eye"

Now look at it again. Pitt & Freeman are chasing the John Doe. The name in itself is synonymous with the unknown. The title se7en (i dont think I need to explain what the 7 supposedly represents). The unknown is something that no one can find. But in the end all they seem to find is devilish shyt. The 7 deadly sins, Doe believes he's serving the Lord.

Doe ices 5 people & lastly ices Pitt & himself to complete. 5= Power/refinement coming before wisdom. Power before wisdom can be equate to a individual losing control/truth. Which is why these cats couldn't see what was going to happened until it was late. Completing the 7 sins , Brad character unable to get a hold on his emotions and ice Doe. The 1 knew it too so did Morgan Freeman "John has the upperhand".

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. Heretic

Heretic GOLDGANG...

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Alabama
    Coli Cash:
    $370227.00

:ufdup: you mean godfather 1 and 2. there is no trilogy

jahsoul357 and ExodusNirvana dapped this.
  13. jahsoul357

jahsoul357 All Star

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

:mjlol:

[​IMG]

Heretic dapped this.
  14. Heretic

Heretic GOLDGANG...

Daps Received:
    Reppin: