Starting A Pressure Washing Buisness In GA

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
So my friend just received a major contract with an investment firm to remodel houses they buy and has had me doing odd jobs here and there. I was thinking of starting my own pressure washing business since it’s easy work that pays a lot, but I’ll still be helping out when work is slow. I always wanted “my own thing” so this seems like a layup to me, but I don’t know the technical part of this. How should I approach this?

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
commercial is where its at for pressure washing. you seem like your gonna depend on your buddy for leads. factor startup cost, profit and insurance. could be worth it if you can just do the jobs he has available if its consistent. my mom had a pressure washing biz in the 80s and i helped her with it. she ate good for a minute. you might also need some scaffling just do the research

Nature's Fury

addicts of drugs not yet synthesized
Daps
commercial is where its at for pressure washing. you seem like your gonna depend on your buddy for leads. factor startup cost, profit and insurance. could be worth it if you can just do the jobs he has available if its consistent. my mom had a pressure washing biz in the 80s and i helped her with it. she ate good for a minute. you might also need some scaffling just do the research

Yeah, I’m only doing residential for now and these are mostly smaller houses. Every time I’ve gone out and done it I’ve had neighbors come and question me about prices, so I’m depending on my friend for leads, but also looking to branch out and get my own work. I’m saving for my equipment now, but I can get a damn good setup with just $2k. It’ll pay for itself with a few jobs. Haven’t looked into insurance yet.

mrfortune

All Star
Daps
yeah bruh , get insurance. dont be surprised by mysterious damage. people will blame you and try to get the work for free or sue you for supposed damage to property. not to scare you just be careful. also be aware it a pretty seasonal gig depending where you are. when covid hit i was gonna do a pressure washing biz with a focus on disinfecting the home and surrounding area but it never got that serious. look at ways to pivot wit the equipment you have. lots of people def like to get their drive ways cleaned from oil and buildup etc