Starting BJJ Tomorrow

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did it go?

Went well. I’ve gone to 3 classes so far, 2 where we drilled a move and one roll day.

I don’t know wtf I’m doing. I box but I have no wrestling background, so I’m lost. I asked our teacher how and when will I learn all the basic terminology and moves he keeps calling out and he goes, “You listen to the radio sometimes right? You ever hear a song you don’t like but it’s on all the time so eventually you know all the words? This is that song.”

Made sense to me. He tells the other students “this is his first week, show him something.” Then the proceed to fold me up usually :russ:. It’s humbling but I’m gonna stick with it.

I can tap out white belts just off of being strong so I guess that’s something. One other student told me that I’ll get good quick since I’m so strong but not to rely on that.

workout wise it’s exhausting. I got a chest heart monitor so I’ll let y’all know how many calories I’m burning.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Went well. I’ve gone to 3 classes so far, 2 where we drilled a move and one roll day.

I don’t know wtf I’m doing. I box but I have no wrestling background, so I’m lost. I asked our teacher how and when will I learn all the basic terminology and moves he keeps calling out and he goes, “You listen to the radio sometimes right? You ever hear a song you don’t like but it’s on all the time so eventually you know all the words? This is that song.”

Made sense to me. He tells the other students “this is his first week, show him something.” Then the proceed to fold me up usually :russ:. It’s humbling but I’m gonna stick with it.

I can tap out white belts just off of being strong so I guess that’s something. One other student told me that I’ll get good quick since I’m so strong but not to rely on that.

workout wise it’s exhausting. I got a chest heart monitor so I’ll let y’all know how many calories I’m burning.
Coach sounds like a dikk to me. I’d personally try out a few more schools just to get a feel for how things are.

Lowkey some of those BJJ instructors are :mjpls: from what I’ve read

perfectblack999

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coach sounds like a dikk to me. I’d personally try out a few more schools just to get a feel for how things are.

Lowkey some of those BJJ instructors are :mjpls: from what I’ve read

naw he’s hella chill. Definitely wasn’t malicious or anything. It was encouraging — promoting being consistent.

my class is like 50% brehs, so I doubt he’s :mjpls: