Stephen King Calls Out WB For Still-Delayed Horror Remake

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps
salem-s-lot-vampire.jpg

"Horror author Stephen King has called out Warner Bros. for their still-delayed remake of Salem's Lot, expanding his thoughts on the film months after it was delayed. Written as a novel by King in 1975, the story follows a writer returning to his hometown of Jersualem's Lot, Maine, only to discover an ancient vampire has taken up residence there. The book has been adapted into two miniseries, with a movie remake originally slated to come out in 2023.

Now, King has called out Warner Bros. for still having the upcoming Salem's Lot movie shelved, despite the film already being complete.

King praises the movie for "old-school horror filmmaking," believing the studio should release the movie. However, he emphasizes he doesn't have power over when they decide to do so, saying he "just [writes] the f***ing things."

Salem's Lot will be the first direct film adaptation of the book, the previous outings being TV miniseries and a radio drama.

When Will The Salem’s Lot Remake Be Released?

Salems-Lot-vampire.jpg

Following filming in 2021 - with additional shooting in mid-2022 - Salem’s Lot was expected to be released in theaters on September 9, 2022. However, it was delayed until April 21, 2023 before being shelved due to post-production delays. It was opined for Warner Bros.' streaming service Max in October of that year, though nothing was confirmed regarding a concrete release.

Salem's Lot's constant delays are worrying, as Warner Bros. has been known to delay finished projects before ultimately shelving them for good. The latest example of this was Coyote vs. Acme's canceled release, a controversial decision by the studio because the film was finished and had interested distribution buyers. Given no concrete news has been revealed about the King-based horror movie in months, it's possible the film won't see the light of day.

However, since Warner Bros. was still considering releasing the film on Max in October, the studio could just be waiting for an opportune time to announce a release date. While it's clear the studio is no stranger to axing finished films, Salem's Lot has King's backing, indicating it will be a success if it comes out. With no word yet on when to expect the movie, though, it will be a waiting game for learning what its fate will be."

“I Just Write The F**king Things”: Stephen King Calls Out WB For Still-Delayed Horror Remake

The Collector

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
I Rep That West
I still haven’t seen the OG and I’ve had the blu for like 3 years. :skip:

shyt is 3 hours long. I don’r think I can watch it in one sitting. :damn: