Steven Spielberg to Direct ‘Ready Player One’

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this was about the exact same quality as the book.

A poorly written masturbatory exercise in nostalgia.

The fact is it’s just an empty shell of references with shytty characters and a cliche silly plot.

I get a crack out of anybody praising it starting off with “as an 80s baby” or some shyt that makes me roll my eyes to the back of my head.

If all it takes for some people is to see things from their childhood to praise it then good for you for being such a simple minded easily pleased person :hubie: I’m sure if I grew up on a farm with an IQ of the justice league opening weekend domestic numbers I would love this film.

The differences between the book and the film didn’t bother me because both are lowest common denominator drivel.

The movie and book are just like playing a game with cheat codes on instead of using skill.

It had okayish action scenes but I was mostly bored out of my mind.

2/10

:huhldup:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
im almost done with this movie...its a fun adventure but its all over the place...this move is hella convoluted. i cant say i really care about the main guy but i do like the dynamic with the other characters.

this seems like it'd make a good anime or cartoon series.

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
simp ass wade mayne :russ:

Dude get touched on in vr chat and start pillow talking immediately, talking bout he in love n shyt lol.
If dude got his family killed over that then I'd hate to see him in the booty club
I'd love to see a realistic follow up to these fairytales. I wanna see what happens after the honeymoon phase ends and samantha is tired of wade's shyt with him spending too much money cause the stripper said she likes him

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Seriously, nikkas think my nerd cred ain't sufficient. Yeah I saw the thundercats belt and noticed the back to the future chimes kick in, but that doesn't turn a terrible movie into a good one. shyt was trash :manny:
Yea we can't eat off symbolic nostalgia. These clowns thinks we're stupid

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Yea we can't eat off symbolic nostalgia. These clowns thinks we're stupid
I wouldn't go so far as calling it "terrible" (because at least it entertained me in the theater).
But the whole idea that we'll love it just because of the "memberberry" factor reached offensive levels in this.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't go so far as calling it "terrible" (because at least it entertained me in the theater).
But the whole idea that we'll love it just because of the "memberberry" factor reached offensive levels in this.
Im waiting for the blu ray to drop. I;ll give it a shot.

Drops on Amazon July 3rd