Student Loan refund if you made payments during the pause

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
So do you now owe the $3500 again or did they forgive it?

A good question actually. One would assume it's forgiven since they're canceling debt and have a specific date you must've started making payments from, but I can't say for certain, and should've asked. It would be quite dumb if they make you owe it again though...

Last edited:

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
I support forgiving student loans its the right and moral thing, you should not have to be stranded in thousands of dollars of debt to get a good education

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
I can get about $6,000 back via refund :patrice:

I'm trying to find out if they'll tax me next year if I apply for the forgiveness :jbhmm:

Yapdatfool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can get about $6,000 back via refund :patrice:

I'm trying to find out if they'll tax me next year if I apply for the forgiveness :jbhmm:

Here are the five states that could tax student-loan forgiveness:

1. Arkansas: The state's tax code does not have any details surrounding the treatment of student-loan forgiveness.
  2. Minnesota: The state's tax code does not have a provision excluding student-loan forgiveness from income.
  3. Mississippi: The state relies on the precedent of taxing discharged debt and confirmed Biden's relief is taxable.
  4. Wisconsin: The state's current tax code is in-line to tax loan forgiveness.
  5. North Carolina: The state confirmed in a press release that student-loan forgiveness is taxable.

fukking WI...

Federally it will NOT be taxable