Daps
Reppin
NULL
Suns sign guard Jimmer Fredette through rest of season

Arizona Sports
2 mins ago
Suns sign guard Jimmer Fredette through rest of season
GettyImages-513354112.jpg

NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 22: Jimmer Fredette #32 of the New York Knicks in action against the Toronto Raptors during their game at Madison Square Garden on February 22, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

The Phoenix Suns are signing Jimmer Fredette through the rest of the season with a team option for 2019-20, per 98.7 FM Arizona’s Sports Station’s John Gambadoro.

Phoenix Suns guard Tyler Johnson is out for Thursday’s game against the Detroit Pistons, making it the fourth straight game he has missed. In his place, rookie De’Anthony Melton has started with veteran guard Jamal Crawford receiving backup minutes. By signing Fredette, the Suns now have a full roster with 15 players.

The 30-year-old Fredette recently played for the Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association. On Tuesday, the Sharks were eliminated from the postseason. Fredette averaged 36.9 points per game for Shanghai, the league’s top mark.

After being drafted No. 10 overall by the Kings in the 2011 NBA Draft, Fredette lasted four seasons with Sacramento before battling to stay on the NBA radar.

His contract was bought out midseason by the Kings and Fredette spent the rest of his fourth year with the Chicago Bulls. On a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans the following season, Fredette then signed with the San Antonio Spurs in 2015 and was waived in the preseason.

He was then selected in the NBA Development League Draft by the Westchester Knicks, spending a season in the G League that also included a 10-day contract with the New York Knicks.

In his NBA career, Fredette averaged 6.0 points per game on 13.4 minutes a night. His last NBA action was over three years ago on March 1 of 2016.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Speaking of Jimmer and the Suns..

I remember it was years ago, I was watching the Suns play the Kings live. I remember seeing Steve Nash (who was about 37 years old at the time) jog the ball up court and look Jimmer (who was covering him) straight in the eye, Steve then proceeded to drive right past Jimmer, all the way to the rim and lay it in. The whole time Jimmer was just standing in the same spot flatfooted.

The next time the Suns got the ball, Steve looked at Jimmer the same exact way, gave a little cross, and drove right past Jimmer again, all the way to the hoop and layed it in. The Kings coach then called time out and benched Jimmer.

I though, first of all, that was the worst defense i've ever seen, I mean you think James Harden is bad....even deeper than that, you have a 37 year old pg (a pass first pg I might add) who looks at you like you're food and just drives past you like you're nothing and scores effortlessly.

I hope Jimmer learned to move his feet and not just stand flat footed....otherwise he'll be food again. Not that it matters for Phoenix, they want those tanking picks.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
No matter how cold he was in college....we KNEW this was what it was gonna be for dude....most of all the "extra hyped up" white duds in college always get exposed when the get in the league obviously there have been a few exceptions but this always how it goes