Support an Independent Book Publisher (for Black History Month)

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
Just realized something and will edit my first post. If someone wanted to see all of the books we've published and read a sample without having to fork over any money, please take a look at this link from Google Books. The first eight books are available to be previewed up to 20%. Mimema which is ninth, drops next week.

inpublisher:"Darn Pretty Books" - Google Search
not sure what your marketing machine is. i see you have social media. are you running it?

considered getting an intern from an HBCU? marketing student? good experience for them and low overhead for exposure

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates
not sure what your marketing machine is. i see you have social media. are you running it?

considered getting an intern from an HBCU? marketing student? good experience for them and low overhead for exposure

This is actually a really good idea [to source some talent that might be looking for experience] and something that we need to get on. Thank you for this.

Mr. McDowell

The Brotha's Got His Own Money
Daps
Reppin
Jamaica Estates

I just wanted to say my biz partner and I discussed this and he said it was an excellent idea. Kind of mad we never thought about it before. He's a member of the divine 9, so that's something we're definitely going to dive further into. Thanks again breh.

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
I just wanted to say my biz partner and I discussed this and he said it was an excellent idea. Kind of mad we never thought about it before. He's a member of the divine 9, so that's something we're definitely going to dive further into. Thanks again breh.
no problem brother. best of luck and i know you'll reach higher heights.

don't know how well you use linked in but i'd recommend finding some voice actors there for some audiobooks to have in house. im sure there are brehs and brehettes trying to break into it or do it as a side hustle. that alone could boost your sales before you guys go to audible for re-reads