T.I. - What's the consensus?

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Is this nikka released something worth listening to? What are his best tracks? I saw this nikka in American Gangster :smugfavre: where he played the son of Common :skip:

Heard a couple of joints with him and like 5 other unknown nikkas and I couldnt even distinguish which nikka is TI. :beli:

I can't be bothered downloading all his shyt and listen to it only to find out he is trash bin status.

So is he good? :shaq:

flipn50

Pro
Daps
Trap Muzik, Paper Trail, King, I'm Serious, and Urban Legend are all good albums.

Stay away from Ti vs TIP and Mercy.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
To me, T.I. is good. He is a dope rapper.

But his time has passed, and he wasted a nice chunk of his prime in prison.

Now he is on super parole so he can't really go too hard on the trap talk cause he has to re-shape his image at the same time.

But nobody wants to hear T.I. on a bunch of rap pop tracks, at least I don't.

I think he should kinda step away gracefully, maybe still a feature here and there but focus on Grand Hustle.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
Son fell off. Right at his peak he gets sent to jail then goes right back. He's the type of artist you wanna give another chance but are hesitant because of his track record of fukkin up.

He got sonned by Shawty Lo and his wife is a :hamster:

Like duke said his time came and went. I don't be checkin for his new shyt even though that track with KRIT is :stylin:

All in all I would say since you don't know much about him it'll be easier for you to look passed all the stupidity us older fans had to deal with and enjoy his music.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
Is this nikka released something worth listening to? What are his best tracks? I saw this nikka in American Gangster :smugfavre: where he played the son of Common :skip:

Heard a couple of joints with him and like 5 other unknown nikkas and I couldnt even distinguish which nikka is TI. :beli:

I can't be bothered downloading all his shyt and listen to it only to find out he is trash bin status.

So is he good? :shaq:

You haven't heard TI's work and you're a hiphop fan? What are you from India? :rudy:

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
You ask me his best work is the first 2... His sound started to change after that and he began to appeal to the masses too much for me... I can even dig Urban Legend too though.. That lil red nikka used to wile out on tracks and get nikkas hype.. Used to kill them ad-libs lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz57UECHpHE
He just don't do it no more.. Aint mad at him though.. You can't stay the same forever

Still Aint Forgave Myself
Dope Boyz
What Happened
Whats Yo Name
Hotel
Be Easy
No More Talk
TI Vs TIP
Long Live Da Game

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was at his best when he sounded like a country nikka for real...but nikkas talkin bout he had his time? fukk outta here nikka dude still be killin shyt...that mixtape wuz wack and id prefer he go back to the slow flow over the doubletime shyt....but let this nikka drop a album damn,get off his dikk...we just tossin all time legends out the window now talkin bout they "had they time" meanwhile sum of u nikkas still waitin on a dre album and new rakim albums...y'all give newer artist no room to dissapoint.

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
Son fell off. Right at his peak he gets sent to jail then goes right back. He's the type of artist you wanna give another chance but are hesitant because of his track record of fukkin up.

He got sonned by Shawty Lo
and his wife is a :hamster:

Like duke said his time came and went. I don't be checkin for his new shyt even though that track with KRIT is :stylin:

All in all I would say since you don't know much about him it'll be easier for you to look passed all the stupidity us older fans had to deal with and enjoy his music.
:wtf: at the bolded. everything else is on point