TDE Compilation Album Coming Soon?

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
Jay Rock has hinted at the release of a 20th anniversary of the Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE) album dropping at the top of 2024. The storied independenthas been the home of SZA, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q, Doechii and more. Rock happens to be the most tenured member of the West Coast-based collective.

In a recent interview clip, Rock said, “I know we are doing the compilation album. You know, TDE for 20 years. Do you know what I mean? It’s been 20 years since TDE [has] been in the game; you know what I’m saying? So, we are putting together a compilation album, so we should be dropping that at the top of the year. I don’t know how many songs we will put on there, but we got a majority of Black Hippy on that thing. So, make sure you all check it out; it’s on the way. The TDE compilation album, you know what I mean?”

There is no confirmed release date, nor are there any details on who will be on the album, but fans are excited at the idea of a new Black Hippy reunion. With Kendrick Lamar recently transitioning from the storied label to start his new pgLang endeavor, it will be interesting to see if he will be involved in the album.

Last month (Nov. 2023), Rock told DJ Whoo Kid, “People love starting rumors and spreading all type of, you know… I call it bad ink,” he replied. “Sometimes people like to write in bad ink, you feel me? Especially on blog sites and different internet things. But we are all good, though. The family, TDE family, despite what everybody’s saying — the breakup — everybody’s all good.”

When asked about his relationship with Lamar, he exclaimed, “That’s my little brother. I hollered at him the other day. That’s still bro. Ain’t nothing changed

Daps
i've known about them for about 15 of those years and it's been an amazing ride. I don't think any other label has given me so much high quality entertainment for so long! God bless tde, top, and everybody there to keep going for 20 more :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve given up hope on it…

i've known about them for about 15 of those years and it's been an amazing ride. I don't think any other label has given me so much high quality entertainment for so long! God bless tde, top, and everybody there to keep going for 20 more :wow:

…but this tho…coming across their music was like a breath of fresh air…considering how long I’ve been listening to rap, it’s not too many new (at the time) acts, groups, movements etc. that hold my attention past a song or two…I was a little late…first song I heard was terrorist threats by ab which led me to druggy with hoes again/habits & contradictions…eventually just started digging into the group’s catalog and became a huge fan of their music…I had previously heard of kendrick but ngl I slept on his music (just the section 80 shyt) before I got into TDE

Last edited: