Teammate Combos [Sleeper/Busts] (08/01/12)

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
Teammate Struggles
-@DaNamelessPimp

Packers
Sleeper: James Starks
Bust: Jordy Nelson
The Packers have a lot of weapons. Nelson might have trouble producing numbers like last year with a rebound year from Michael Finley and the emergence of Randall Cobb. Cobb is an exciting guy to watch and it’ll be hard to keep him off the field. Tack on the fact, there is little backfield depth behind James Starks as of right now, he has the ability to be the workhorse in this offense if he can perform well. He'll handle all early down work and goal line work at the very least.

Seahawks
Sleeper: Sydney Rice/Robert Turbin
Bust: Marshawn Lynch
Lynch has had some very successful seasons and then some dreadful seasons. After signing a new contract, he may lose motivation to play if the Seahawks start to sputter. Add in his legal problems, and he becomes a shaky pick in the early to mid second round. Sydney Rice and Robert Turbin could benefit greatly from Lynch doing poorly, but Rice could produce well past his draft value as a 4th WR.

49ers
Sleepers: Randy Moss
Bust: Frank Gore
Most reports have favored Moss’s play this training camp and there is no reason why he won’t be a massive target in the redzone for Alex Smith and the 49ers. If Gore gets injured, Brandon Jacobs didn’t prove himself as a difference maker in New York so Moss and Crabtree could be relied heavily on. With a successful preseason Moss could sneak up to #2 WR status. Gore has a lot of touches and is always injured. He’s a scary pick on draft day, but could present great value if healthy.

Patriots
Sleepers: Steven Ridley/Patriots DEF
Bust: Aaron Hernandez
The first thing I’ve noticed in this season, the Patriots DEF is being vastly underrated in fantasy. A lot of teams are jumping up to get the top DEF’s rounds before, but the Patriots DEF presents the best value on Draft Day. Not only did the Pats upgrade through the draft on defense, they have arguably the easiest schedule in the NFL. If you haven’t taken a look at their schedule, it is about as easy as it gets.

Ridley has been playing very well this training camp and is a major upgrade over the Law Firm. Just be aware of his fumbling problem. With the addition of even more TEs and Brandon Lloyd, Hernandez could be the odd man out. Gronk will get his touches and is the better blocker. Hernandez might lose some value this season.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Anyone drafting Sidney Rice is just stupid, that guy can't stay healthy to save his life, has constant shoulder issues

And I completely disagree with Hernandez who people say is having maybe the best training camp along with Brandon Lloyd. Yes Gronk might be a better blocker but they'll line up Hernandez everywhere on the field and almost every play

James Starks I wouldn't touch either since these guys air it out even at the goal line

I would be hesitant about Moss too, having a great camp yes, but still has to prove himself in regular season games and has Alex Smith throwing the ball...

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Couldnt bring myself to draft Rice or Moss as dependable starters unless I had a 3rd WR spot. Have a feeling one of them could be useful though, there are always surprises. Hernandez will do decent enuogh numbers and you can probably grab him late.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
Anyone drafting Sidney Rice is just stupid, that guy can't stay healthy to save his life, has constant shoulder issues

And I completely disagree with Hernandez who people say is having maybe the best training camp along with Brandon Lloyd. Yes Gronk might be a better blocker but they'll line up Hernandez everywhere on the field and almost every play

James Starks I wouldn't touch either since these guys air it out even at the goal line

I would be hesitant about Moss too, having a great camp yes, but still has to prove himself in regular season games and has Alex Smith throwing the ball...

Sydney Rice deserves to be on a standard 12 team in leagues. If healthy, he could perform very well. That probably won't happen but when he plays, he still scores more than the guys on waivers and being drafted around him.

Starks will still get enough touches to be a nice flex option for teams, especially when you consider where he is being drafted (7th-8th round). I'll always take a guy who's first to get touches.

Moss's value relies heavily on his redzone production. I don't see Gore or Jacobs being the answer at the goal line for the 49ers, so I expect Moss to step up. He's a great target for Alex Smith, who was an extremely efficient QB last season throwing only 5 INTs.

Hernandez I added as a bust because I've been seeing him go ahead of the likes of Jerimichael Finley, Jason Witten, and yes, even Vernon Davis at least once. I'd rather put my stock in Finley and Witten outproducing him this year and wait one round. I would even look at Dustin Keller, he could be a great piece in the new Jets offense splitting out as a WR.