Texas Attracted California Techies. Now It’s Losing Thousands of Them.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
When people only take into account taxes as far as where they should live, they usually regret it in the long run. I am so glad i did not move to Houston during the lockdown, would of regretted it.
Where do you live now?
In Chicago
Well you’re definitely getting taxed out the ass more here than there.

Be happy to pay an income tax, higher sales taxes, and comparable property taxes while having to deal with snow, breh’s.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
When people only take into account taxes as far as where they should live, they usually regret it in the long run. I am so glad i did not move to Houston during the lockdown, would have regretted it.
The article said despite not having income tax, Texas is still in the top ten for highest tax burden in the country, lolololololololl

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Daps
They should all blame that crippled fakkit Abbott.

Now all the realtors, local companies, and business that were eating have to starve or close down

This aint Florida where you can guarantee tourism or some shyt. Ain't shyt to do in Austin or Houston like that

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Not surprising. They moved there to get away from tax, but then have to live with the psychological costs.

You live there knowing that a maniac can go on a shooting spree in your child's school, kill them brutally and the states response:
"Thoughts and prayers" :manny:

You live there knowing that you might be talking to a pharmacist or doctor who will then start talking about how liberals were too quick to dismiss Trump when he said people could inject bleach to treat viruses.

You live there knowing if you or your spouse needs an abortion, they won't get it and may die a preventable death.

For most reasonable people who have the cash to live somewhere else, they will. They'll take the tax hit. They won't be homeless if they're raking in over 2Ms a year.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Well you’re definitely getting taxed out the ass more here than there.

Be happy to pay an income tax, higher sales taxes, and comparable property taxes while having to deal with snow, breh’s.
And i am cool with that. I and from and live in places that fit my sensibilities (politics, transportation, culture, etc..) and will not move somewhere because it has less taxes on income, but makes up for it with other methods.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
People complain about taxes but quality of life seems drastically worse in a lot of these red states.
Precisely. Austin or Texas in general is not grandeur like California and has a weak unstable infrastructure. These cacs moved here in groves and inflated the bıtch increasing poverty, crime and a buckling economy by driving up housing cost.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Government going to keep letting Oracle, a public traded company, keep moving headquarters for huge tax incentives huh :heh: shyt a joke
Oracle is one of my clients. I have access to their compensation and benefits. I want to say they're located in Pleasonton near San Diego. Everyone's easily pulling in like 200k.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Win win. They get to go enjoy their politics and climate back home. Texans get lower housing costs

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I say this with all sincerity texas is a shythole and you couldnt pay me enough money to live in that fascist good ol boy cowboy state where every living creature has a lethal weapon in there trousers and has a fascist despicable evil white supremacist in gregg abbott as governor, the blacks who live there truly dont know how they stomach it, the whole legislature to the governor are just plain bigots