‘The Acolyte' | Star Wars Disney+ series about the rise of the Sith

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man they really dragging this show out now. 15 minutes of the flashback couldve been skipped with sol just saying “ i killed ya moms oops” it feels like they were trying to get multiple seasons out of this but it will probably be cancelled with all the hate its getting. I hate starting shows that dont get a proper ending

:pacspit:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Wtf is the point of having two flashback episodes of the same flashback :why:

Tbh this made the episode 100% pointless. Tobin's behavior now makes sense. He basically got home sick, and after he got manipulated by the Head Witch, it def made his personal feelings to it stronger. Tbh Indara should have booted him back because he was not in a good mindset for this mission.

Anymore comparisons of Sol to Qui-Gon are pretty damn disrespectful to Qui-Gon. This episode really highlighted why Indara has a padawan and he doesn't. He looked at the twins as needing saving not taking account of the consequence. Much like Qimir he wanted an apprentice. Essential Sol words hold no weight and his actions were for his own self.

Indara gave me Obi-Wan vibes. Someone who plays by the book of being a Jedi, but is perspective of what's to come. With issues with their fellow padawan.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
I enjoyed this episode.
but only one episode left means they will have to rush to resolve all the open plot threads or leave some stuff for a season 2 (which might not happen:francis:)
Yea. Though action should be great since that is the one highlight of this series.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Wtf is the point of having two flashback episodes of the same flashback :why:

Tbh this made the episode 100% pointless. Tobin's behavior now makes sense. He basically got home sick, and after he got manipulated by the Head Witch, it def made his personal feelings to it stronger. Tbh Indara should have booted him back because he was not in a good mindset for this mission.

Anymore comparisons of Sol to Qui-Gon are pretty damn disrespectful to Qui-Gon. This episode really highlighted why Indara has a padawan and he doesn't. He looked at the twins as needing saving not taking account of the consequence. Much like Qimir he wanted an apprentice. Essential Sol words hold no weight and his actions were for his own self.

Indara gave me Obi-Wan vibes. Someone who plays by the book of being a Jedi, but is perspective of what's to come. With issues with their fellow padawan.
If Tobin’s action now make sense how is it pointless?

One episode gave the coven’s perspective and the other gave the Jedi’s perspective.

i have a problem with the execution of not giving us present day Sol and Mae reacting to the information creates this emotional disconnect

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I thought this was the worst episode of the season. By a mile. They had all that build up for that? Seriously? And the acting :hhh:. The young “twins” might never get another gig after this

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
If Tobin’s action now make sense how is it pointless?

One episode gave the coven’s perspective and the other gave the Jedi’s perspective.

i have a problem with the execution of not giving us present day Sol and Mae reacting to the information creates this emotional disconnect
I meant episode 3 was pointless.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I thought this was the worst episode of the season. By a mile. They had all that build up for that? Seriously? And the acting :hhh:. The young “twins” might never get another gig after this

the twins don't look the same and they don't look anything like stenberg.

that doesn't seem to be as common for gringo roles.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
This episode felt like the prequel movies. The intentions and overall story were there to make it good, but the writing and the execution were mid at best so we end up with a forgettable episode.

Best episode of the season writing wise.
I don't know, I still can't get over the fact we started the episode with Torbin finding out why they were on that planet 7 weeks into pointless exploration. And him not knowing what a vergence was :dead: that scene was forced as hell just to come up with a reason to give the audience exposition, there are a ton of better ways of doing that.

And Mother Aniseya being :birdman: at Sol and Torbin only to get killed and THEN telling Sol "but I was gonna let Osha go though :sadcam:"

Or Indara being level headed throughout this whole thing, only to cave in at the end because that's what the episode needed her to do.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
To be clear, I don't hate this show, it's still a decent watch. I just think the flaws are so glaring that it's impossible not to point the out and/or making fun of them.

Having said all that, it has shown how useless Jedi are. Not sure we needed more demythification of the Jedi after all we've been presented with the past 24 years :pachaha: