The Fatal Failures of the #ADOS Phenomenon

Discussion in 'The Root' started by JahFocus CS, Mar 8, 2019.

1. JahFocus CS

JahFocus CS Get It How You Get It

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Republic of New Afrika
    Coli Cash:
    $2094014.00

As a descendant of Africans enslaved in the United States, I felt an ancestral compulsion and duty to stand against the emerging “ADOS” (“American Descendants of Slaves,” or sometimes “American Descendants of Slavery”) / “AADOS” (“African-American Descendants of Slaves,” or sometimes “African-American Descendants of Slavery”) / “DOS” (“Descendants of Slaves,” or sometimes “Descendants of Slavery”) crowd, spearheaded by the likes of Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore and latched onto by hangers-on such as Tariq Nasheed in recent years.

I made the Instagram post below earlier this week and spun it off into a Medium.com article that provides some sourced material for further research.

Full Article: The Fatal Failures of the #ADOS Phenomenon

2. xoxodede

xoxodede Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Michigan/Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

I like you -- but nah.

Deuterion dapped this.
  3. K.O.N.Y

K.O.N.Y Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NEW YORK CITY
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Why do you, through your lack of acknowledgement, concern, and interest, forsake your ancestors from the countless generations and millennia prior to the last few centuries?

Because like it or not, the last 400 years is what shaped the -African American. We as an ethnicity know that we are part of a larger african diaspora

4. Red Shield

Red Shield Global Domination

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    .0001%
    Coli Cash:
    $300500.00

gonna have to agree with that.

this ain't it jahfocus

kayslay, HarlemHottie, Deuterion and 6 others dapped this.
  5. IVS

IVS Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    In the sky
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

I could care less about the opinion of a nukka who calls himself jahfocus. He already lost to me

6. JussieSmollett

JussieSmollett Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chi-Town
    Coli Cash:
    $6797767.55

nikka Africans dont even reach out and really even rock with ADOS

them nikkas sold us to cacs and aint even reach out to us

fukk the bullshyt we all we got

7. EastCoastNaga

EastCoastNaga Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    #ByrdGang
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Gotta hit the curve man, ados putting our issues above all else on a political arena in amerikkka is not going to disrupt any pan african plans. And tbh a lot of people are unintentionally landing on the wrong side when this will actually benefit any REAL pan African agendas in the future.
    :francis:

Captain_Crunch, kayslay, Gmoney and 15 others dapped this.
  8. AlainLocke

AlainLocke Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

I'ma break this down

Why do you, through your lack of acknowledgement, concern, and interest, forsake your ancestors from the countless generations and millennia prior to the last few centuries?

At what point are you cutting them off?
    At the first generation that was brought to these shores in the bellies of ships?

Our ancestors. I'ma put like this like my grandfather told me about his biological father. My grandfather's biological father abandoned him and never saw him again, he was raised by his stepfather who he considers his father. His step-father raised him and nurtured him and taught him things that are useful in his life.

One day my grandfather heard that his father died and broke down. Then he asked how it happened and then he heard a name that he haven't heard in decades. Come to find out his biological father had passed away and my grandfather didn't care because he don't know him and went about his life .

The reason why we cut off our ancestors at the USA is because they are the ones that raised us. West Africa didn't do shyt for us. The ones that took that boat ride, are the ones that we honor. The ones that went through Jim Crow and Black codes. Why I'ma honor the ones that put them on the boat?

How would that look? I'ma honor people that sent my ancestors off to die on a ship, or toss themselves the boat, or die getting "seasoned" for slavery, or die getting beaten to death, or die getting lynched or die getting shot. My ancestors were forced to rape each other and to be raped. That's how we got here. We had to rape each other and be raped.

My ancestors struggled here in the USA, created culture here, in the USA. I don't know nothing about West African life and quite frankly, I don't want to. The stage of me caring about that shyt is over. I am grown now. That's what ADOS is about, growing up and accepting what we are.

Just because we have some West African cultural retention doesn't mean we are West African - We are American. We are indigenous to the USA. We have our own fusion of European, African and American culture and I am proud of it.

White Supremacy could not exist without West African slave traders. I am not gonna honor the people that orchestrated the holocaust of Black people that continues on to this day and co-created White supremacy. We don't have a meaningful connection to Africa because that's what Africa decided when they instituted slavery. They weren't even African then, they were just tribes of people. They didn't even have a conception of race or a nation-state. They had no forward thinking or sophistication of what would happen if you gave up millions of people to another group of people. They didn't care.

I realized that so many ADOS people don't have the actual story of the Slave trade and believed that millions of people were just kidnapped by another race - but White people didn't even survive the trip to Africa - a lot of died. White people couldn't even tolerate the climate of Africa. White people stayed at the ports. Africans are the ones that had to go capture our ancestors and bring from them from the central parts of Africa to the ports. So just imagine your village being raided by your enemy and you think this is just a routine village raid and you find yourself on a bottom boat alone. And the Africans know this history and leave us ignorant thinking that White people kidnapped us by the millions. They don't even tell us they had an arm conflict with Britain to keep the slave trade going when Britain tried to stop the slave trade.

Not only did the ship us off, they never asked for us back. They never came and got us - WE WENT TO THEM.

We didn't cut ourselves off - WE JUST REALIZED WE WERE ALREADY CUT OFF.

The United States is a settler colonial empire founded on the twin pillars of 1) Indigenous genocide and ethnic cleansing and 2) the denial of African humanity and the exploitation of African labor and bodies.

The impetus for the American War for Independence was settler hunger for stealing more Native lands and the fear that Britain was moving towards the abolition of slavery.

Today, the U.S. is the world’s leading imperialist power and the guarantor of global White supremacy.

Here is the political immaturity and the political naivety of Diasporan Pan-Africanism. Yes the USA is all these things, but this is our home and other groups of Black people don't care about the USA being racist or Imperial state, they are coming for money and contribute to this.

So why are we, as the ones that actually lived here for generations and all our life and never even thought about leaving in mass to anywhere else is gonna have this posture towards the USA - everybody comes here?

That's what I don't understand, what world do ADOS Pan-Africanists live in?

Don't you see how the world is becoming - NATIONS DON'T MATTER - CAPITAL DOES. All this caping for immigrants and for Africans and West Indians over the ADOS movement when they don't give a fukk about what you are talking about. They really don't. They see money and opportunity.

All of y'all will go on twitter and write these articles about why ADOS is bad when the people you are defending - are flying over to the USA in droves, taking up opportunities from the people that ancestors died for this country from the beginning of it's inception as a British colonial state.

So what you are doing is defending Late Stage Capitalism and Imperialism at it's highest form. Where nations, citizenship and borders no longer matter but corporations and capital and migrant people do. You are really just defending the right for a people that never did shyt for the country to exploit it and exploit it's status as a imperial settler colonial state instead of defending the right of the underclass/slave class that built it to receive justice.

You are wrong and dead wrong and terribly wrong. You are letting African fetishism and fantasy cloud your judgement. People who don't care about the legacy of slavery in the USA, that don't care about the legacy of Jim Crow, you'll defend their rights to come over here and exploit the country but deny the people who more than did their share, to self-actualize. You are trying to prevent us from becoming a real group of people. That's the highest form of this African chauvinism that this Diasporan Pan-Africanism promotes as some type of revolutionary position when it is reactionary.

It is almost like we are supposed to bow down to Africans cause they come from the continent and we don't. Just let them run around like a looter in riot, taking all they can from the USA. Not only they are culturally and racially intact - they are come here to become socioeconomically intact.But when we try to do it - we get told no, it's like we are perpetual slaves. Well, this is our country, we made it. We have nothing to be ashamed of and we are exerting our rights as founders of the USA to profit like everyone else.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  9. Cobalt Sire

Cobalt Sire Pro

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Pan Africanism is suspended until further notice. Ados were the only ones trying trying to unite black people everywhere, meanwhile many of them looked down on us. We didn't even see the play white supremacy was making, using them against us. All we saw was black, and they knew that. That's why they gave us Obama, who did nothing for us. We didn't even realize just how much these other groups of black people separated themselves from us. Well, that's over.

Obviously there's more to our history than slavery, and we can proudly look back on the accomplishments of our ancestors in Africa. However, today we are a unique group with unique problems, and can not depend on Africa, because it has been compromised. Not all black immigrants are against us, but after all that has happened, they have to prove that they are down with us,, because in the past, a lot of them didn't have our best interests at heart. Many of them were used by white supremacy to confuse, suppress, and deny our interests. That's sad to say, but that's reality.

10. KingJudah2

KingJudah2 All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    718 Kings County
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Yankee OP is a c00n.

You're a disgrace. Negged

11. HarlemHottie

HarlemHottie Uptown Thoroughbred

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    #ADOS
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

"Would you call your ancestors slaves to their face?"

This question encapsulates the degree to which you are LOST. They were slaves. They knew they were slaves, their masters knew they were slaves, the legislature knew they were slaves, mf'ers in Africa and Europe knew they were slaves. That you would even ask this question proves that you are not operating in reality. You are operating in a dream world and would like the rest of us to join in your delusion.

And I haven't even touched on the 'runtelldat' c00nery of posting this bs on Medium.com. Negged. :hhh:

kayslay, IVS, playboyric and 6 others dapped this.
  12. Marcel pro black rellu

Marcel pro black rellu Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $100500.00

Ados is about blacks who been here the last 400 years

We are not african or have no connection other than genetics.

Also carribean and african work with each other there focous isnt us.

Ados focous on blacks here in america that are natives.

Idk why people hate black americans coming together

13. Take It In Blood

Take It In Blood Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Golden Era
    Coli Cash:
    $100.00

I haven't been paying attention to internet trends and slogans of the moment

But obviously we as black descendants of slaves in America are owed something for what we've been through

I'm just not feeling those who are using this label to separate us from other black people globally. I'm convinced they're Russian bots. Divide and conquer tactics.

You can come together as a group without being detached from the bigger picture

14. xoxodede

xoxodede Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Michigan/Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Please stop saying this. We are not. And we are already divided. All in all, you all will see that those you call bots are not very soon.

kayslay, Gmoney, playboyric and 4 others dapped this.
  15. JussieSmollett

JussieSmollett Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Chi-Town
    Coli Cash:
    $6797767.55

aint no African ever did shyt for me

ADOS:blessed:

String Bell dapped this.