The Mayor Of Philly evicted JAY-Z’s Made In America Festival from Philly. Hov responds

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
"Yall love some conspiracy theories....
...Mayor gave a reasonable response, and cats already like "someone above him made that call :comeon:"

Thats easy to prove...its in the paperwork, or its not.

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Mayor gave a reasonable response and if true makes sense.

That being said it makes Roc Nation look unorganized and jay overreacted. Jays response was sharp. It’s almost like being proved wrong in an argument but you can’t deny you’re wrong ...so to save face they might run with their narrative and bounce from philly

Or who knows maybe they were just waiting for something like this to pop up to give them a legitimate excuse to move the festival. Maybe to a place he feels could generate more revenue and attract more artist like Atlanta

Jay is very calculated so i wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the latter

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Solid response.
Yeah, the mayor may be white but I didn't sense even a hint of :mjpls: in his response.

Dude seemed genuinely apologetic, and clearly aware of the positive impact that MIA has on the Philly economy / reputation :ehh:

Like I posted earlier - this looks like a typical large organization to large organization miscommunication. I'm sure they'll work this out.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Only place I'm thinking is the Linc (where the Eagles play), basically turn it into Philly's version of Summer Jam. Co-worker suggested the Mann Center but I don't think that's a big enough venue.

Other Philly coli posters weigh in

I hear they've mentioned The Plat or Penns Landing

Penn's landing..I don't think that's big enough area

The Plateau makes some sense but it's not the same as being in the heart of the city.. Also the streets around the plat would be a traffic nightmare

I would guess if they can't use the Parkway they likely move it out of Philly