The new Skate is a free to play-live service game with crossplay

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I thought being able to jump off your board was the big shyt back in the day, i guess that was skate 2 though

Tony Hawk’s Underground was the first skating game to do it and set the standard. They didn’t add it in skate 1 because they wanted to get the skating down first and foremost then went back and added it in Skate 2

Doing tricks via the joystick was revolutionary to skate games...

Such a Shame THPS didn't go there first.:francis:

I like the "arcadey" tone they went with Skate 3...and I actually dug the map....The Dam :banderas:

The college :ehh:

And I likes going downhill the mountain pass

I can see it from both sides as a gamer and actual skateboarder. I personally find Skater XL to be way more satisfying to play with the extra difficulty and level of control you have over your flip tricks, but at the same time it’s hard to ”gamify” that and make it fun for gamers and non-skaters. Its definitely more a niche style game that’ll never crossover like that. Skate is still fun and the gameplay is easier to make into an actual game, but the physics have definitely gotten really floaty and a lot of spots have weird scaling because of it. Trying to skate “realistic” doesn’t hit the same at all unless you’re doing more technical stuff and even still a lot tricks that would super difficult in real life are stupid easy to do in the game once you get the controls down.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
they can't monetize simplified tricks so i don't see the problem. it'll likely be a bunch of cosmetic shyt, not like an x games version of Diablo immortal:manny: