The News

cook

Banned
Daps
I've never been into watching the news on TV or reading the paper but I feel like its time I start getting more informed.

I generally wake up and put on ESPN for awhile before I go to work, but I'd like to find some good sites I could check out while I'm at work to get me more in touch with whats going on in the world.

Any recommendations?

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
reddit and aljazeera are the only sources i trust for news.

reddit is user submitted news, so only the good stuff gets voted to the top, its almost like a huge messageboard. its very liberal though, so be warned. aljazeera is more of a traditional news source.

r/politics- Politics

r/news- News

aljazeera- AJE - Al Jazeera English

check out this reddit piff too

r/hiphopheads- Hip Hop Heads :win:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Yeah, Al Jazeera English is great stuff. Probably one of the two or three best news channels/aggregators/sites out there.

The only other one I really look at is Democracy Now! Democracy Now!

Great interviews and reports there as well. Their blog (Democracy Now! | Blog) has quite a few other writings, audio interviews, and video interviews, often of stuff on the main show that got cut.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
:obama:

thanks, i'll check those out

Al Jazeera English is good, but despite the fact that a lot of posters on here don't like US News Sources, I would definitely recommend looking at the NYTimes when you wake up in the morning. You get an idea of what is being talked about in the American mainstream and what issues are getting the most traction.

RealClearPolitics is a pretty good aggregator of numerous sites.

But honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with Google News. Mainly because it just aggregates the top stories from around the country and the world and you can customize it to have different categories that are important to you. For example, I have added in a custom "education" setting so that the latest and top stories involving that show up along with "US" "World" "Science" "Sports", etc. If you like something in particular, just give it its own spot.

thatsright

Rookie
Daps
First site I check out in the morning is Newsmap
It's a pretty good aggregate site and you can sort and group the stories pretty much however you want to.