The NYS department of labor and coursera are partnering to give free certs for all NYers. Eat fam

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps

Governor Cuomo Launches Free Online Platform for New Yorkers to Learn New Job Skills, Earn Certificates & Advance Their Careers

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the launch of a new online training platform which will enable unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers weathering the COVID-19 pandemic to learn new skills, earn certificates, and advance their careers at no cost. The new tool will provide access to nearly 4,000 online programs taught by leading professors and industry professionals on Coursera, with a focus on high-growth and in-demand sectors like advanced manufacturing, technology, and health care, among others.

"The war against COVID-19 is one taking place on multiple fronts, and while we are doing everything we can to protect the health of New Yorkers, we must also take the steps necessary for building back a strong economy," Governor Cuomo said. "This new training platform will be key in this effort by ensuring unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers are not left behind by providing access to the resources and training they need to get back on their feet. Whether it's taking refresher course or learning a new skill, I encourage all New Yorkers in need to consider taking advantage of this free program."

The new course offerings are provided through a partnership between the New York State Department of Labor and Coursera, the world's leading online learning platform. The partnership will save New York millions of dollars over the next couple of years while providing free job skills training to New Yorkers. New Yorkers can request a free account on the New York State Department of Labor website.

The nearly 4,000 courses available through Coursera are taught by leading professors and industry educators and cover topics ranging from mechanical engineering and project management to technology and data science skills. Many of these programs provide a pathway to professional certificates and other certifications that can help New Yorkers elevate their careers or compete in a new industry.

The Department of Labor is working with stakeholders across the state to curate the content catalogue to respond to industry and regional needs, so that job seekers can easily find courses that will make them the most competitive for open positions in New York State.

Examples of the wide range of courses, programs, and professional certificates available through Coursera include:

• How to Manage a Remote Team
  • Business Writing
  • Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Design and Manufacturing Machine Learning
  • Motors and Motor Control Circuits
  • Generative Design for Additive Manufacturing
  • Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
  • Marketing in a Digital World
  • Supply Chain Operations
  • Data Science Specialization
  • Project Management
  • Cybersecurity
  • Google IT Support Professional Certificate
  • The Business of Health Care Specialization
  • Medical Neuroscience
  • Financial Markets
  • Facebook Social Media Marketing
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Introduction to Game Development
  • The Art of Negotiation
  • Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS
  • Introduction to HTML5
  • Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success
  • Introduction to iOS App Development
The

:hubie: Free Certs + CUNY & SUNY being free equals = Great opportunities for us black New Yorkers. Eat Fam

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
To anybody interested I just signed up myself.

-Just go to the NYS department of labor link and enter the following:
*Your name
*Your email to send the link
*Your phone number (so they verify you are in NY)
*Choose up to three fields you want a cert in. I chose Data Science/analytics, Entrepreneurship and Logistics.

-Then they ask you which region you work in:
*I typed NYC but every region is represented

-You get the official link within an hour
* I got mines in 40 minutes

-Choose your certs (It’s legitimately free)
* So far I’ve seen computer programming certs from Princeton, Duke, John Hopkins
* Google, IBM and Salesforce have at least multiple cyber security and I.T certs available.
*Goldman Sachs has its entrepreneurship and business certs as well
*Theres plenty more, I haven’t seen all of them yet
*All free

:hubie: This is our shot.

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps

Governor Cuomo Launches Free Online Platform for New Yorkers to Learn New Job Skills, Earn Certificates & Advance Their Careers

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the launch of a new online training platform which will enable unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers weathering the COVID-19 pandemic to learn new skills, earn certificates, and advance their careers at no cost. The new tool will provide access to nearly 4,000 online programs taught by leading professors and industry professionals on Coursera, with a focus on high-growth and in-demand sectors like advanced manufacturing, technology, and health care, among others.

"The war against COVID-19 is one taking place on multiple fronts, and while we are doing everything we can to protect the health of New Yorkers, we must also take the steps necessary for building back a strong economy," Governor Cuomo said. "This new training platform will be key in this effort by ensuring unemployed and underemployed New Yorkers are not left behind by providing access to the resources and training they need to get back on their feet. Whether it's taking refresher course or learning a new skill, I encourage all New Yorkers in need to consider taking advantage of this free program."

The new course offerings are provided through a partnership between the New York State Department of Labor and Coursera, the world's leading online learning platform. The partnership will save New York millions of dollars over the next couple of years while providing free job skills training to New Yorkers. New Yorkers can request a free account on the New York State Department of Labor website.

The nearly 4,000 courses available through Coursera are taught by leading professors and industry educators and cover topics ranging from mechanical engineering and project management to technology and data science skills. Many of these programs provide a pathway to professional certificates and other certifications that can help New Yorkers elevate their careers or compete in a new industry.

The Department of Labor is working with stakeholders across the state to curate the content catalogue to respond to industry and regional needs, so that job seekers can easily find courses that will make them the most competitive for open positions in New York State.

Examples of the wide range of courses, programs, and professional certificates available through Coursera include:

• How to Manage a Remote Team
  • Business Writing
  • Introduction to Mechanical Engineering Design and Manufacturing Machine Learning
  • Motors and Motor Control Circuits
  • Generative Design for Additive Manufacturing
  • Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects
  • Marketing in a Digital World
  • Supply Chain Operations
  • Data Science Specialization
  • Project Management
  • Cybersecurity
  • Google IT Support Professional Certificate
  • The Business of Health Care Specialization
  • Medical Neuroscience
  • Financial Markets
  • Facebook Social Media Marketing
  • Entrepreneurship
  • Introduction to Game Development
  • The Art of Negotiation
  • Programming Foundations with JavaScript, HTML and CSS
  • Introduction to HTML5
  • Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset: First Step Towards Success
  • Introduction to iOS App Development
The

:hubie: Free Certs + CUNY & SUNY being free equals = Great opportunities for us black New Yorkers. Eat Fam

Hopefully the Black community doesn’t get the short end of the stick, as what has happened historically.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hopefully the Black community doesn’t get the short end of the stick, as what has happened historically.
We don’t get the short end, we get THE short stick period... 1/2 a stick, if that. The sooner we recognize that, the better. You move differently knowing “fair” will never be part of the equation. Find your hole and fukk it.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
I work in Healthcare which one of these IT certs can I combine with a nursing degree to become an IT nurse:jbhmm:

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
I work in Healthcare which one of these IT certs can I combine with a nursing degree to become an IT nurse:jbhmm:
Great question, but I can't directly anwer it because I don't know a lot about nursing itself. What I can tell and advice you is that C languages (C#, C++ ect.) are important for robotics etc., things that directly deal with the hardware appliances you use in nursing.

PS. What might come in handy is things like DevOps, BiSL and ITIL certifications.

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
Anybody have advice on what I should look into to work from home?

I have no knowledge of computer science or anything related to that but in college I excelled in philosophy logic and my teacher told me I should look into programming

I feel like this could really change my life I would appreciate it if yah can help me out