The Official “Blowed Up” (My web series) Thread - [EPISODE 5 OUT NOW!] WATCH/SUPPORT!

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
How would you describe your artistic sensibilities, cinematography wise?

What was the scouting process for actors/actresses like?

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can I get an executive producer credit and some residual income if it takes off?

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Good Luck

I'll Watch And Support

It Would Be Dope If You Snuck In Random Coli References/Inside Jokes Like Mollywatr

You Said You Live In LA And Its Shooting In BK So Will You Not Be Present For The Filming?

Also When Do You Think It Will Be Available For Us To Watch?

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Why should we care?

We're living in the first generation where kids aren't doing better than previous generations, people have 6 figures of student debt and nobody's staying married, but at the same time, we have more opportunity, information at our fingertips and the balls to put our happiness over pure survival. Blowed Up is an over the top microcosm of those sorts of themes, framed by a friendship of two real-life friends, both of whom actually had real-life versions of Quarter-Life crisis, and have chemistry that can't be faked, since they literally became men together.

It's a nice mix of How To Make It In America, Broad City and Entourage, starring two hip hop nerds.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
got video of your standup routine?

Here you go breh. I don't really show people this reel anymore because it's old and some of it is from before I even moved to Cali. I've grown a lot since this video, but have to contact the clubs to get copies of the footage to make my new reel. That's on my list of things to do, but I haven't done it yet.

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Props on pursuing your dreams and taking the steps to create something of your own.

Why did you choose the title, I don't really remember the Emmet Smith thing and how does it relate to the series as a whole?

Will it be available on youtube?

What type of tone are you going for?

Where are the pics of the females :shaq:

Lol, yeah like another breh said, Emmitt has gotten joked on by people for botching the language. The idea actually came from my homie Terrence's girlfriend. We were killing ourselves coming up with names and she threw that out. I guess they make jokes about it from time to time and we instantly thought it had a nice ring and fit the show.

It fit the show because my character's dumb ass pops up and blows his situation up as far as his relationship goes, but it also inspires our characters to link up and get serious about our comedy shyt, so we can capitalize on these leaps of faith, get focused and finally blow up. The show doesn't take itself too serious, so having improper grammar as the title fits also.

As far as tone, like I said in another post, off the top of the head I'd compare it to a mix of How To Make It In America, Broad City and Entourage. You don't necessarily have to watch them in order, but it'll have continuity. The stuff I like to write is always kind of over the top with the comedy, but grounded in heart and real life shyt.

It'll be on Youtube. As of right now, my hope is to shoot 4 to 6 episodes in January, fly back to Cali and start editing them and begin putting them out once a week in February. Then, like with real TV, we can take a mid-season break, work some stuff out and go back into production to air the rest of them.

Haha I'm gonna get up with the girls to see if they have a particular pic they'd want me to use. When I get word back I'll add them to the OP.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
Nah breh, can't say I do lol

i highly recommend you start breh
his child-like creativity could be an inspiration for ur work
he makes music so effortless and he does what comes natural to him he was born with a unique perspective
on music and did not let the industry ruin him.