The Official 2012 ALL Things Fantasy Football Thread

BeezyWeezy

Retired :whew:
Daps
Reppin
Florida
So I know the old place, as well as our new home, have an ongoing keepers fantasy football league. I'm personally in a 10 person keepers league (only went keepers last year) and know that from my past 6 years playing this, it can become an obsessively fun thing to do. I know there has to be more fantasy football people out there, and if your like me and most other fantasy football players, you want people to talk about it with. Considering that the forum league is set in place with no spots looking likely to open up, I figured there should be a thread for general discussion on Fantasy Football. I know it's still a bit early, but with OTA's happening and mini-camps on the horizon, I'm itching to start talking about the upcoming year. I figured topics should range from, but not be limited too:

-Breaking News (Injuries, Suspensions, Hiring/Firing, etc)
-Scouting
-Draft Day Help/Strategy and Resources (Apps, Websites, Mag's, Draft Kits)
-Tips and Tricks
-Rankings
-Who's Rising/Falling
-Waiver Wire Addtions
-Cut/Drop List
-Weekly Start/Sit advice
-Trade Negotiation Help
-General League Talk (Head to Head or Points Per Week, Keepers or Not, Rules, etc)
-Gameday Discussion
-Monday Morning Recap and Game Reviews
-Team Stanning (NFL and Fantasy)
-Add on...

So what do ya'll think? I'm a need my fantasy football players to come out of the woodworks on this one, and make this thread the best fantasy football resource available on web forums!! I'll be able to post a lot in the lead up to the season, but my job gets hectic come September so my posts may be a bit more sporadic, but I hope by then we have enough people up in here that the thread keeps on going. Until this thread gets popping, I'll be upping with, articles, info and anything I think might be useful information. Let's get it in and do this brehs!

BeezyWeezy

Daps
Reppin
Florida
Alright lets start this off with my first info contribution and head right into notable players returning from injury:

- Adrian Peterson, Vikings: ACL
- Jamaal Charles, Chiefs: ACL
- Kenny Britt, Titans: ACL
- Darren McFadden, Raiders: Foot Sprain
- Tim Hightower, Redskins: ACL
- Mark Ingram, Saints: Knee
- Hakeem Nicks, Giants: Broken bone in foot
- Rashard Mendenhall, Steelers: ACL
- DeMarco Murray, Cowboys: Ankle
- Knowshon Moreno, Broncos: ACL

AP - Peterson's status is currently unknown, although he has been running, planting, and attempting to make cuts. They hope he is ready in time for the first game of the season, but the Vikings make no promises that it will happen.

Jamaal Charles - Says he is close to "80%" and that there should be no worries that he won't be his usual explosive self this year. He got hurt early on in last years season, so the chances that he is back, and in top form, for the first game are pretty good at this point.

Kenny Britt - Running at full speed and making cuts, however, he said he is "hopeful" he will be ready for this season. Adding to that negative assessment, his knee reportedly still swells up after practice. Required an additional "clean-up" surgery on the previously repaired injury and may not be able to participate in training camp.

DMC - Missed 9 games last year with serious foot sprain. Pretty close to 100% and is running and making cuts at "full speed". Still hasn't played a full NFL season without injury though, so be wary regardless.

Tim Hightower - No real indication on how he is doing, but this might be a case of no news is good news. That being said, Redskins have a crowded backfield as it is and with RBG being at the helm, whatever RB they go with might suffer the fate of the Panthers backfield of last year when Cam Newton took over the ground game.

Mark Ingram - Required arthorscopic knee surgery and expected to be sidelined a number of weeks and they Saints do not think he will be 100% by the time the official team training camp starts.

Hakeem Nicks - Broke bone in foot in May. Required surgery and is out for at least 12 weeks. Likely to miss OTA's and training camp and status for season start is uncertain.

Rashard Mendenhall - Injury came late in the season, which makes his timetable for return up in the air. More then likely will not play season opener, or at the start of the season period. Reports suggest Steelers may play it safe and place him on PUP list to start season.

DeMarco Murray - All reports are that the ankle has healed well and he was present at the teams OTA's. Expect Murray to be ready to go opening day and back to 100%

Knowshon Moreno - Not much news on Knowshon besides that he is battling for a spot on the roster, in a crowded Bronco's backfield. The fact that he is competing for a spot would have me believe that he is healthy enough for the start of the season, as they wouldn't entertain keeping him if that wasn't the case.

Minor Notes...Beanie Wells (ARI) had minor knee surgery that was more complicated then expected and says he will be ready when the time is right. Don't expect to see him at training camp...Andre Johnson (HOU) had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and is not participating in mini camps and OTA's...The Bears have concerns about Matt Forte's knee, however, I have none after seeing him attached to the hundred pound sled, running uphill...All reports are that Peyton Manning has recovered well, but, we won't know until we see him in action after all the talk of his arm strength being down...

If I missed anyone, let me know and I will include them in an injury update post.

BeezyWeezy

Daps
Reppin
Florida
So lets keep it moving and get into notable contract hold-outs. Please note that this will be for offensive players only:

-Matt Forte, Bears
-Dwayne Bowe, Chiefs
-Drew Brees, Saints
-Ray Rice, Ravens
-Maurice Jones-Drew, Jaguars
-Mike Wallace, Steelers

Matt Forte - Held out last year until he was hit with the franchise tag, so him and the Bears haven't seen eye to eye on his contract for awhile now. Bears have concerns with his knee and high mileage, while Forte believe he deserves to be paid like an elite back. QB Jay Cutler says that Forte will not miss any games and will be there for the team when it counts. So far no indication that much movement has been made towards resolving the dispute.

Dwayne Bowe - Has played well and believes he has earned a long term contract, however, the Chiefs are not convinced as even though he has good stats, those stats have not transalated into wins. No new news on this front, except that last years rookie WR Jonathan Baldwin is holding out as well, and considering that the Chiefs did not sign anyone to fill those gaps, chances are Bowe will get a deal done.

Drew Brees - Deserves to be paid like an elite QB and is demanding as much. Since Saints are in such turmoil making such a large long term deal seems like it will be more work then usual. Don't see Brees going anywhere, however, with such a dismall season ahead, I can see Brees not rushing back and potentially missing some games, until a deal he likes is worked out.

Ray Rice - Looking for his big payday after putting up numbers the past several years. The Ravens are looking at the team long term as they want to ensure they don't do a deal with Rice that will hamper their efforts to replace the older defensive players on the team as the time for many of their defenisive players is nearing its end. This will come down to how much Rice will be a team player to structure a deal that works for both parties.

MJD - Currently absent from OTA's in an attempt to get a contract extension. Team sources have said that the organization believes MJD has lost a step and the team is unlikely to offer him an extension as he is already locked into a team friendly deal at this point. No idea how this one will play out so stay tuned for more developments.

Mike Wallace - Believe he outperformed current contract and is looking for an extension before the contract expires at the end of this season. However, he believes he should be paid elite WR money like Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson and the organization does not agree. Looks like there is a deal to be made there somewhere, or we may just end up with a case like DeSean Jackson last year.

If I have forgotten anyone, please let me know and I will include them in an update.