The Official PlayStation 5 Thread: Dawn Of PS5 Pro

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
So now that the dust has settled, I'm going to make some assumptions as to their plans regarding the subjects of cross-gen and PS5 upgrades/remasters.

RE: cross-gen

• First party games to be cross gen if they started development on PS4/if they are coming out within the first three years of PS5's release - reason: money.
  • God of War 2 and Gran Turismo 7 will 100% be cross-gen. TLOU: Factions will definitely be cross-gen, but that hardly needs to be said for a MP game.
  • Following this logic Days Gone 2 and Spiderman 2 will probably be cross-gen as well honestly. :yeshrug:
  • Sucker Punch or Naughty Dog's next games might be the first BIG first party games that are PS5 exclusive as they will definitely start development on PS5. As will SMM, Guerrilla Games and Insomniac's non-flagpole games.
  • Demon's Soul's, Returnal, Destruction All Stars and whatever the likes of Arrowhead/Supermassive are making are second party/published by SIE and paid for especially for the PS5, so they'll be the main PS5 exclusive
  • Ratchet & Clank might have been developed completely on the PS5 considering how short Insomniac's development cycle is. Sackboy is a PS4 game pushed to launch with PS5, hence cross-gen.
RE: upgrades/remasters
  • Studios with recent big releases that have smaller releases coming out (basically Spiderman and The Last Of Us 2) will have ultimate editions bundled with the original game "remastered" and bundled with the new release on PS5 (basically TLOU Factions will be bundled with TLOU2 PS5 remaster)., No doubt there will be a Bloodborne remaster as well - easy money.
  • Older games like God of War, The Last Guardian etc will avail of the FPS/resolution upgrades built into the PS5.
  • Sony will (or at least should) communicate clearly the difference between free 'upgrades' (fps/resolution) and paid 'remaster' (fps, resolution, trophies,gameplay improvements, ray tracing etc).
Most of these wouldn't have been an issue if they had bother to communicate properly at the start of the year. Instead they are coasting by with exclusives/hype and after trying to have his cake and eating it too, Jim Ryan looks like the biggest a$$hole on the face of the earth.

On the other hand the shareholders must be going :wow: right now.

Ghost remaster?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
breh there's stuff on there u cant even move or delete last of us 2 aint even on the main line anymore i gotta go in a folder to play it :martin:
Put your games in a folder. This is nitpicking :mjlol:

The Xbox UI is a mess of confusion. Either way I'm talking about themes. Xbox themes suck in terms of how they change up the whole system.

This is not doable on the X. Custom music on the background, UI sounds come on breh. :mjlit:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I never touch any of that shyt :dead:Every console I ever get stays stock other than maybe storage
When I see someone with the default blue theme on their PS4 I automatically assume they're a super casual. I could navigate their PS4 blindfolded and load up either Fortnite, NBA 2K, Madden or COD Warzone.

Same thing with phones. No background picture=casual user.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Official images

GtNDGwc.png

bildschirmfoto2020-0990j08.png

EiQ2K-tWoAANb2U
EiQ2LOsXcAE6xcF

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When I see someone with the default blue theme on their PS4 I automatically assume they're a super casual. I could navigate their PS4 blindfolded and load up either Fortnite, NBA 2K, Madden or COD Warzone.

Same thing with phones. No background picture=casual user.

I don’t trip off being called a casual; my knowledge would be pretty damn extensive considering:skip:I know how to navigate all of it, I’m just too lazy :russ: as long as I can find whatever content I’m looking for that’s all I care about looking at.

Still got the stock background on my iPhone too :wow: I’m like a tech nerd in a grandpa’s body sometimes

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don’t trip off being called a casual; my knowledge would be pretty damn extensive considering:skip:I know how to navigate all of it, I’m just too lazy :russ: as long as I can find whatever content I’m looking for that’s all I care about looking at.

Still got the stock background on my iPhone too :wow: I’m like a tech nerd in a grandpa’s body sometimes
nikkas backgrounds like
windows_xp_bliss-wide.jpg

:mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:bryan: I still got a stock desktop background too :dead: some cac rock climbing. It’s very few ppl I know even comfortable speaking on PC tho :heh: anybody who would call me out on that knows I know my shyt
I've always been into customizing things. I even had my Windows XP boot screen modded back in the days. Nowadays I use Wallpaper engine on Steam which always got people asking questions.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've always been into customizing things. I even had my Windows XP boot screen modded back in the days. Nowadays I use Wallpaper engine on Steam which always got people asking questions.

I like tuning and organizing so my shyt is clean and easier to navigate, and even that is a chore for me to sit down and do sometimes. I really just be caring about how shyt performs, and how easy it is to use. Other than that the only thing I care about looking at is the programs that are open.

The one look that I always make a must is accounting for eye strain. Anything I look at for a prolonged period of time I make sure I have some kind of dark theme and blue light filer if possible.

My tastes change tho, so I could see priorities shifting as I get older :ehh: