The pain from losing a parent NEVER goes away

Manolo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’m very close with my dad and fear the day I gotta go on without him. I actually pray that I die before both my parents as selfish as that may sound. I lost my childhood friend of 10+ years in 2015 and think about him every single day. I’m not trying to experience that again

southpawstyle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
California
I couldn't imagine life without my mama. The day she dies, I might commit that. :mjcry:
It’s hard when your Mom is an angel. I thought about it more than once when it first happened. I just imagined a cartoonish heaven and her whooping my ass because I took myself out. I couldn’t put that on her even if she isn’t here anymore. :mjcry:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm a 33 yr old man, with my dream career, $$, a beautiful girlfriend, and my life is everything I wanted when I was in my late teens and early 20's.... However, the pain from my father's death when I was 18 STILL to this day affects me.

I can go months without thinking of him, then suddenly I hear a song or something that reminds me of him and I end up almost in tears.

Hold your parents brahs. Tell them you love em. Because there's nothing I want more in this world than to see my pops one last time and have a conversation with him.... It's been 15 years and I still feel this way
Death is a part of life. As long as you are becoming the man that he raised you to become, he's at peace.

SilentRon

Rookie
Daps
I agree. Both my parents are dead. Life doesn’t feel the same. It takes something out of you, like a light. Or maybe that’s just me. I lost my dad about a year and a half ago. My mom in my mid twenties. I still cry all the time about them both. And my grandparents too. It’s just crazy to think about your childhood when they were there, and then they’re just not.
Just lost my dad a few weeks ago and have no idea how I'm going to get through it. I thought it was bad when I lost my grandparents too but this is unbearable.

Last edited:

Water

Pro
Daps
This thought keeps me up at night sometimes. Idk what I'd do if I lost my momma fellas. :mjcry: I pray there's an afterlife