The Punk Rock thread

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I watched a trailer for a documentary called A Band Called Death and subsequently found some music online and been digging it :lupe:.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sFMDL22bxc[/ame]

Recommend some other piff por favor :youngsabo:

HideoKojima

DOOM, all capitals, no trick spellin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, Home of the trillest

DFA79 is the best punk band ever. Gnarly bass guitar riffs that cut diamonds with some punchy as hell drums. Unadulterated bass

Last edited by a moderator:

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
I listen to very little punk an know almost nothing about it. That said some of my favorite albums are punk.

Definitely get your hands on Wire's Pink Flag album.

:dj2:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Who did you see?

The Coathangers.

Heard about them from their latest album, and from the few songs I peeped, I didnt think the show would get too crazy.

Should've known what I signed up for soon as I seen some bald headed dude rocking a Pendleton and black gloves thrashing around the crowd. I wanted to really enjoy the show, so I stood front and center of the stage. By the time the Coathangers played their first note, the pit had opened up and I was in the damn middle of it all. Most fun I've had though.

Towards the end of the show I actually took a pretty hard hit and fell to the floor. Something struck the back of my head, and I suspect it was a stage diver cause I remember the weight moreso than the strike, but I never found out for sure. Folks swooped me up quick, I was seeing stars for a bit.:pachaha:

I'm in the bay area, but I don't know anything about the scene. Gonna keep an eye on Gilman, some good act has to eventually come through there, right?

Dead End

Rican B*stard
Daps
Reppin
NW Chicago
Recently been into the 80s Chicago punk/post-punk sound such as Naked Raygun, Pegboy and The Effigies.