The Republican establishment is doing the exact opposite of the Democrat establishment.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Their leaders recognized the shift to the extreme alt right, but instead of fighting back, they bytched up and joined the wave. Instead of strengthening their base, they catered to and embraced extremism. Just to get re-elected.

The democrats on the other hand have fought tooth and nail, to silence the progressive movement, even go so far as to cheat at debates, and endorse opponents of anyone running against a progressive and even opponents of encumbered who have shown support for the progressive movement.

Republicans attack progressives and lump them in with the entire Democratic Party, but for some strange reason, democrats don’t. They spend more time undermining progressives than attacking the Republican Party half the time.

Outlaw

New Hope For the HaveNotz
Daps
Reppin
Buzz City, NC :blessed:
The difference is the alt right does not threaten the right wing establishment wealth, all the alt right cares about is extreme xenophobia and nationalism. If the alt right starts going to the left economically the establishment will stomp them out. Progressives want to ultimately redistribute wealth that’s why the left wing establishment is resisting them so much.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
Was really excited when I saw you made a new thread to see what new concepts you had come up with but this thread is a disappointment.

most people don’t recognize it though. People think the tea party died, but it mutated into what we have going on today.

from Sarah Palin to Trump.

These people use to be small fringe group

and the Republican Party rejected and defeated them.

now they are the majority. The worst thing The Republican Party ever did was allow Trump to win the primary in 2016. And now they’re forced to serve that base.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What point are you trying to make here?

That establish Democrats should not acquiesce to the loud minority of their party?

I agree. :jawalrus:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
What point are you trying to make here?

That establish Democrats should not acquiesce to the loud minority of their party?

I agree. :jawalrus:

contrasting the mentality. Republicans will do anything to stay in power, even if it means giving in to and extreme faction.

democrats will stick to their core and strategy no matter what. Even if they lose.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really, the republican establishment was trounced in the primaries by the tea party wave and the republican base has gone full trumpism and q anon; also, like others have said, these new waves don't disrupt the economic and social order of the rethug donor class now.

Daps
contrasting the mentality. Republicans will do anything to stay in power, even if it means giving in to and extreme faction.

democrats will stick to their core and strategy no matter what. Even if they lose.

part of the issue is that the loud progressive wing is bad at showing up to vote outside of democratic strongholds. If the progressives were a reliable base that routinely pushed the needle in competitive races, they’d have more sway.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
part of the issue is that the loud progressive wing is bad at showing up to vote outside of democratic strongholds. If the progressives were a reliable base that routinely pushed the needle in competitive races, they’d have more sway.

The south is stuck in their ways and it's the toughest place to sway people. Voter turnout in strong, they just suck at converting centrists

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
The difference is the alt right does not threaten the right wing establishment wealth, all the alt right cares about is extreme xenophobia and nationalism. If the alt right starts going to the left economically the establishment will stomp them out. Progressives want to ultimately redistribute wealth that’s why the left wing establishment is resisting them so much.

Redistribute the wealth how? And to who?

Because this country already redistributes the wealth. Tax cuts and government subsidies to the rich to be exact. Thanks to the establishment on both parties but specially republicans.

I do agree with the first part of your post. The establishment would give the alt right the boot if they ever established a "drain the money out the swamp" movement.