The security guard that killed Alvin Motley Jr over loud music in 2021 was sentenced to life in prison

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
Gregory Livingston sentenced to life

87dc891a07fe521f381ebcb93deb6436

MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A jury found Gregory Livingston, a former security guard accused of killing a man over loud music, guilty Friday.
Livingston was found guilty of first-degree murder. He was sentenced to life in prison.

The jury began deliberating Friday morning after a nearly week-long trial. In their closing argument, the defense maintained that Livingston acted in self-defense when he shot Alvin Motley, Jr., in 2021 at an East Memphis Kroger gas station.

Prosecutors however said the defendant was never threatened and jurors must return a guilty verdict.

“Gregory Livingston, the defendant, committed a cold and calculated murder,” prosecutor Ronald Dowdy said. “He made a decision. With intentional and premeditated action, he took the life of Alvin Motley.”

gregory-livingston.png

During the course of the trial, jurors were shown security camera video of the shooting that occurred after the defendant reportedly said something to Motley about loud music coming from his vehicle.

Prosecutors say that Motley was holding a beer in one hand and a cigarette in the other hand when he was fatally shot and that Livingston showed no remorse.

“That was an execution and then he let Alvin lay there dead, lifeless, bleeding out, his body twitching,” Dowdy said.

Prosecutors closed by showing the emotional video of Motley’s girlfriend, who witnessed the shooting. At one point Friday afternoon jurors asked to hear the 911 call from the day of the shooting.

With the testimony phase over, Motley’s family embraced, leaning on God and counting on justice

“My God tells me I am to forgive, and I forgive him,” Alvin Motley, Sr., said. “But for every day for the rest of my life, every morning I wake up, I want him to be in prison and wake up the same morning, and we both think about what he did.”