The White Offensive Guru Watch Thread

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They always move the goalpost to keep black men from getting jobs. Next it will be "well we want a candidate who was a special teams coach because we feel that part of the game is growing."

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
They always move the goalpost to keep black men from getting jobs. Next it will be "well we want a candidate who was a special teams coach because we feel that part of the game is growing."
I hear that but what they gonna do if black men start focusing on offense change all the rules back to 1971?

:russ:

They’ll be stuck

We need a black “offensive genius”

These NFL GMs/owners are some monkey see monkey doo ass nikkas

When Mike Tomlin won the SB in 2008 at 35, Tampa Bay went out and hired a younger version of Tomlin in Raheem Morris :russ:

I already knew the only reason they hired him was because Tomlin just won a SB.

:mjlol:
If we see a black Sean McVay come down the pike these owners will start sayin “we need a young black offensive genius to win” :damn:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Tbf to Shanahan, if the 9ers had a legit QB they would be a serious problem

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Some of these guys are overrated because of their players when they're coordinators or whatever and some of them fall on their face because of lack of players when they get a head coaching position.

I like to see an OC get to a team and unlock something with a QB or offense that had been missing previous to his arrival. A prime example is Kyle Shanahan with Matt Ryan in Atlanta. When a guy comes out of nowhere and puts up a career season, something happened there with the coaching.

It's been common for people to point at his record or lack of eye popping offenses in Santa Clara but he's never had a great QB there. Jimmy G's the best he's had and he's been injured half the time as well. Even with him, they almost won a Super Bowl and woulda gone back last year if Jimmy was even semi-competent. If Lamar Jackson signed there, everybody would be terrified.
Just seeing this post but facts. I’ve seen 3rd string QBs go into that offense and actually produce decent numbers

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Happened with Joe Judge being hired by the Giants.

John Harbaugh was lightning in a bottle.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
This is a league built on the Quarterback and Offense. All the rules are slanted towards offense

No

We need black coaches as offensive coordinators

We need black offensive geniuses
So are you saying defensive coordinators aren't smart enough or "geniuses?"

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
So are you saying defensive coordinators aren't smart enough or "geniuses?"

That’s the stereotype that defensive guys don’t know shyt all they do is see run and hit

I don’t know why you tryin to argue with me on this shyt I’m tellin you that’s what it is

This league is about OFFENSE.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
That’s the stereotype that defensive guys don’t know shyt all they do is see run and hit

I don’t know why you tryin to argue with me on this shyt I’m tellin you that’s what it is

This league is about OFFENSE.
And none of those stereotypes have prevented guys like Staley, Quinn, Bradley, Allen, Fangio, Vrabel, or Zimmer from getting jobs or DCs like Boyer and Barry name come up when jobs are open. Bowles and Lovie are literally the only guys who've bucked the stereotypes and gotten second chances. Meanwhile Frazier, Joseph, Morris, and Ryans have to prove themselves. Staley was only a DC for one year and benefitted from having Phillips guys and him standing next to McVay. Same for Zac Taylor who's been a failure everywhere he was as an OC, but that one year as a QB coach with McVay got him a gig. Yes, the league is offense but you are giving these dudes a lot of credit and acclaim they haven't earned just because they're on that side of the ball.