Through the years: In a White Dominated Education System, Black Studies 1970s to Now

Amo Husserl

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

"B b b bu but Black History don't deserve to be taught in rigorous college level classes! I can teach black history to my kids better than a Black Professor with a PhD can!!"

And people wonder why Black Wall Street and countless black inventors are almost forgotten :unimpressed:
It’s something that should be woven into the core curriculum in public schools, not something as an option on the high school level, and only for AP kids. If it’s an option, a lot of kids will not take it, even black kids. Most parents are not telling their kids African American history can help you get into college, or get a job.

But don’t think for one second this decision by DeSantis isn’t racially driven. Our history has a lot of bad actions by white people, and the government, which they don’t want being taught.
DeSantis don't got love for FBA history :what:this why we need the Hidden History Museum in LA. FBA parents should coordinate field trips to Cali during the summer or spring break and take the kids to the museum to learn untold history.

Lowkey tho, the Black presence on social media is crazy. I believe Black people have the largest presence on platforms percentage wise. We use these apps more than a lot of people which is why we always seeing some new shyt from a Black man or woman.

Brothas and sisters could have Black History dominating the web and going viral but we'd rather use our platforms for silly ish like gender wars and gang beef. Clubhouse coulda been great but all the productive Black people left so the gangsters took over.
Not all black parents are capable of teaching their child advanced black history, so to say the onus should be on every black parent to teach black history is foolish. What about the black kids that are raised by uneducated parents? It's just fukk them huh?

This is just another example of the Republicans and their authoritarian fascist plan of banning any and everything that can be taken as critical of white supremacy, so that they can continue to perpetuate it over uneducated masses.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Bootstraps alone ain't gonna emancipate the black race. We had 60+ years to do it, and still ain't happened on that grassroots level. Why should educational institutions and black professors be shunned and AP black history be banned outside of HBCUs? :unimpressed:

All I'm saying is that we need more black teachers in the system because your TAX PAYING DOLLARS fund these institutions.