TIMBALAND TO BE INDUCTED INTO SONGWRITER'S HALL OF FAME

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps

Super producer, Timbaland, can add another feather to his cap with the announcement that he will be inducted into this year's Songwriters Hall of Fame class alongside R.E.M. and Steely Dan.

A songwriter with a notable catalog of songs qualifies for induction 20 years after the first commercial release of a song. Twelve performing songwriters and 10 non-performing songwriters competed for this year’s slots.

Timbaland competed as a non-performing songwriter, even though he has had five top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 as an artist, including three on which he was the lead artist: “Give It to Me,” “Apologize,” and “The Way I Are.”

Timbaland has won four Grammys – best dance recording for Justin Timberlake’s “SexyBack” (featuring Timbaland) and “LoveStoned/I Think She Knows” and best R&B song for Timberlake’s “Pusher Love Girl” and Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z’s “Drunk in Love.”

His other songwriting nominations are for the Missy Elliott hits “Get Ur Freak On”and “Work It,” 50 Cent’s “Ayo Technology," and Jay-Z featuring Justin Timberlake’s “Holy Grail”.

Timbaland will be honored at the organization’s 2024 Induction and Awards Gala, which is slated for Thursday, June 13, at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York City.

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps