Tisha Campbell did the fusion dance with Donald Trump

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
this is how I know I had a light skin bias growing up…in hindsight aj johnson ran circles around her in house party imo
I may have thought AJ was a little cuter too. But I don't remember anybody really comparing the two, plus we wasn't on skin tone quite as much. We do remember Gina stripping down to those black draws though. If AJ did that scene, she may have came out ahead to even more brothers, who knows. But AJ was the girl from the projects, and that probably had an affect to. While Tisha played the good girl from the middle-class neighborhood, like she did on "Martin". Tbh, I didn't even know AJ Johnson's name, until she did that threesome for her 50th birthday...smh. I guess that gave her some limelight she lost to Tisha, and Tichina.

Last edited:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
this is how I know I had a light skin bias growing up…in hindsight aj johnson ran circles around her in house party imo

Partly you and partly society in general. And I know this mentality was widespread, especially back in those days.

No disrespect to Tisha, she's an attractive woman and I would have to loved to smell the crotch of those tight ass pants she used to wear in "My Wife & Kids," but the fact is when she was cast as a leading lady she was usually overshadowed in the looks department by her darker complexion female co-stars.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought AJ was cute too. But we wasn't on skin tone quite as much, plus I don't remember anybody really comparing the two. We do remember Gina stripping down to those black draws though. If AJ did that scene, she may have came out ahead to even more brothers, who knows. But AJ was the girl from the projects, and that probably had an affect to. While Tisha played the good girl from the middle-class neighborhood, like she did on "Martin". Tbh, I didn't even know her name was AJ Johnson, until she did that threesome for her 50th birthday...smh. I guess that gave her some limelight she lost to Tisha.

yeah I seen it in theaters as a teen…definitely remember that scene lol

that being said…I made it clear I was speaking only for myself…wasn’t making it a “we” thing

milanoAT

Pro
Daps
She was my crush growing up watching Martin, so I have a soft spot for her. People age, let her be.

Laidbackman

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
If there was any light-skin favoritism for female actors, I don't think Tisha was a part of it. Most of those girls who fit that category were mixed with something when you read their background, even Pam Grier. You'll find most of them had at least one parent being either Indian, Latino, White, or something close. If it weren't for Tisha's African facial features, most of y'all wouldn't be bashing her. I've heard brothers wait until she got older to say she even looked like an ape. But I guess that's ok because she's
light-skinned.

Last edited: