Tom Cruise To Star In Alejandro G. Iñárritu's Next Film At Warner Bros. And Legendary

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Auteur Cruise is back :wow:

back to acting :wow: he def should have an oscar for his 80s and 90s work. if he gets a knockout role i think he''ll win. he'll have the "its his time "narrative on his side. Inarritu gets great performances out of his actors. He got Leo his trophy and I'll bet he gets Cruise his

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Nah, he’s a great actor to me. ‘Born on the Fourth of July’, ‘Rain Man’, ‘Magnolia’, ‘Jerry Maguire’, ‘Eyes Wide Shut’, ‘Vanilla Sky’, ‘Collateral’, etc. I hold those performances high. There’s a reason so many accomplished directors want to work with him.
He was fantastic in Born on the Fourth of July & Jerry Maguire, and A Few Good Men & Minority Report are great films but that might actually be my favorite Tom Cruise performance and movie. I watch it at least 3 times a year at minimum.

:picard: :wow: :banderas:

When Tom wants to play it safe, he does, but when he wants to cook, he cooks, and he does it well too.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Man, I hope he gets it. Cruise is actually a great actor in those serious, complex roles. The newer generations who only know him from ‘Mission Impossible’ and ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ are about to recognize.
like @I AM WARHOL in this very thread acting like he doesnt have 3 oscar noms

thinking about this further. Inarritu is really oscar gold(no pun). he got Michael Keaton, Tom Hardy their only oscar noms. Emma stone got her first nom working for him too. Nom for Bardem. damn near blacklisted Edward Norton his first nom in nearly 2 decades. It's gonna happen.

and i'm gonna shout out Minority Report any chance i get. He's incredible in that movie playing a tormented father

Last edited:

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thinking about this further. Inarritu is really oscar gold(no pun). he got Michael Keaton, Tom Hardy and Javier Bardem their only oscar noms. Emma stone got her first nom working for him too. damn near blacklisted Edward Norton his first nom in nearly 2 decades. It's gonna happen.

and i'm gonna shout out Minority Report any chance i get. He's incredible in that movie playing a tormented father
Javier won an Oscar and had another nomination before Biutiful. You mostly right, just fact checking.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Auteur Cruise is back :wow:

back to acting :wow: he def should have an oscar for his 80s and 90s work. if he gets a knockout role i think he''ll win. he'll have the "its his time "narrative on his side. Inarritu gets great performances out of his actors. He got Leo his trophy and I'll bet he gets Cruise his
He’s shifting into his late stage Paul Newman era now. The same age as Paul in ‘The Color of Money’, actually. But yeah, hoping these two kill it. Maybe we’ll get confirmation of that Tarantino cast in the coming weeks.

Where’s the laughing Iñárritu smiley y’all were flaunting around years back?

thinking about this further. Inarritu is really oscar gold(no pun). he got Michael Keaton, Tom Hardy their only oscar noms. Emma stone got her first nom working for him too. Nom for Bardem. damn near blacklisted Edward Norton his first nom in nearly 2 decades. It's gonna happen.

I see what he’s saying, and I agree. Simmons and CR on The Rewatchables were talking about the different phases of Cruise’s career. How he was on absolute fire from the late 80s into the early 2000s and then there was this lull period. He still had roles poppin’ up in Tropic Thunder and Lions for Lambs, but was nowhere near as a catch like before. The bizarre Oprah situation that I’m sure factored into dampening his hype train.

…That is until the resurgence happened with Edge of Tomorrow, Mission Impossible: GP-Present, Top Gun: Maverick, etc in the action realm. I think dude has two Hall of Fame careers packed into one resume, like that other Tom variant who played for the Patriots. fukk an Oscar.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL

Relax. I love Tom. Can’t wait to see him cook up. It’s been a minute for him in those type of roles.