[Tom Henderson]: Respawn is developing a first-person Star Wars Mandalorian

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn’t they make the last two SW games?

Not bad games but the one from last year had a mid story and wasn’t even optimized. Plus it took them 6 months or so to get it up for entry level So for me I could give a fukk less about them moving forward. They only showed me they’ll rush a game out the gate and stubbornly fix it in the later months.

To many people have high hopes for devs that are a shell of their former self. The glory days are over

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
EA is overburdened by stock holders and being too big to take any risk

IPs are one of the safer corporate bets at the moment since there is a built in fan base.
Respawn who made Titanfall and Apex Legends isn't trusted to make a Star Wars shooter based on the Mandalorian?

But they can release Immortals of Aveum.

Incredible

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Imagine making a game about a character who primary redeeming quality is how cool they look in the armor. Stoic af hardly talks, but hey look at my cool suit.
And then you make it a first person game where you can't see the suit. :dead:

Deadpool with the mouth sewn shut status

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
EA is overburdened by stock holders and being too big to take any risk

IPs are one of the safer corporate bets at the moment since there is a built in fan base.
Respawn who made Titanfall and Apex Legends isn't trusted to make a Star Wars shooter based on the Mandalorian?

But they can release Immortals of Aveum.

Incredible
Licensing costs LOTS of money.

Profitability of licensed games is severely hampered compared to owned IP

EA has enough of their own games that they don’t need to pay other people for IP

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Respawn Entertainment, the developers behind Apex Legends, Titanfall, and the Star Wars Jedi series, has been hit with layoffs.

The layoffs come as part of the recent EA announcement that it was laying off 5% of its workforce.

“The Apex team was hit with layoffs today,” level design Aaron Stump said on Twitter. “It sucks seeing some of the people I’ve worked with for almost 3 years now get let go. Hopefully, they land on their feet sooner rather than later.”