Tommy Dreamer Thinks AEW Should Make Mercedes Mone a Special Attraction

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:francis: We know how this is going to end...

big-swole.gif

She already just "getting the bag". Not even a week we get a "we hear from"

So Dreamer needs to stop questioning broken logic, because it didn't happened with Phil, it didn't happened with Coping, it didn't happen with Okada...WHY THE fukk IS SASHA ANY DIFFERENT :why:

Khan fitting to put her on Rampage against some CMLL thick thighed luchajawn and yall going to like the "banger"

White City Black

Weed, Rocks, Blow
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
AEW marks with deodorant allergies gon be mad whether “We see too much Mercedes!” or “We don’t see enough Mercedes!”

I agree with a lot of y’all brehs here, regardless of which side of the spectrum your opinion lies

I Do feel tho, that when Mercedes gets that Womens title, she should have it for a good ass minute, and (even if this means heel Mercedes), she should come off as a Final Boss type who won’t be giving title shots willy nilly anytime. Put a force field around that championship. If it means PPVs (maybe those occasional “special” Dynamites) only then so be it

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You can’t be a ‘special attraction’ without being an every week fixture for a good amount of time. Omega was in AEW first main event and spent most of the first few years of the company being a main guy. Last year he put over Ospreay, Takeshyta and MJF all in a row and passed the torch, he can be a special attraction now. Mercedes will have to be there and then elevate a new generation first like she did Bianca

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
You can’t be a ‘special attraction’ without being an every week fixture for a good amount of time. Omega was in AEW first main event and spent most of the first few years of the company being a main guy. Last year he put over Ospreay, Takeshyta and MJF all in a row and passed the torch, he can be a special attraction now. Mercedes will have to be there and then elevate a new generation first like she did Bianca
Undertaker Ohhellno GIF - Undertaker Ohhellno What GIFs

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I see AEW is in toronto this week
except they only at a rinky dink arena that holds 9,000

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I can see his point, but mentioning Hogan is weird, especially when the current WWE champion on Smackdown is legitimately a special attraction.

I never really understood the popularity of Mercedes Mone/Sasha Banks/whatever, but my wife really likes her, especially when she's a heel.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Stupid. She's the top star. That show should revolve her..especially if she's paid on the scale of the rumors. Tommy is saying something I said years ago. Said last week. Last month. Last year. Cripple H is str8 trash letting her leave. Shows how stupid he really is.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I can see his point, but mentioning Hogan is weird, especially when the current WWE champion on Smackdown is legitimately a special attraction.

I never really understood the popularity of Mercedes Mone/Sasha Banks/whatever, but my wife really likes her, especially when she's a heel.
The popularity is because she's like a Macho Man Randy Savage female ring talent.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps

Hogan was a special attraction in the 1980's WWF. He didn't have weekly matches on the Saturday morning shows. We might get a Hogan promo, but he only wrestled on PPV or Saturday Night's Main Event. We didn't see Hogan on tv weekly until his WCW run.
That's why Tommy Dreamer mentioned him.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Hogan was a special attraction in the 1980's WWF. He didn't have weekly matches on the Saturday morning shows. We might get a Hogan promo, but he only wrestled on PPV or Saturday Night's Main Event. We didn't see Hogan on tv weekly until his WCW run.
That's why Tommy Dreamer mentioned him.
Yeah, I remember that growing up, but I just thought it was weird, especially since he, Dave, Mark Henry, and Bubba spend two hours when they're in talking about the current state of wrestling.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Her TV matches should feel like a big deal and similar to how Big Business or other themed Dynamites feel like mini-PPVs

Put the belt on her ASAP and then other wrestlers can take up the week to week TV matches fighting for the right to face her, then she can come in for an angle or promo in between to build up the match. She shouldn't be on every single week wrestling and she shouldn't be cutting promos every single week. She should never appear on the lesser B shows like Collision and Rampage

You want her to feel "above" the division so that way when contenders get built up to face her it can feel like a main event on par with the men. Right now nobody in the women's division other than her feels on par with the men star power wise, that includes Toni Storm and everybody else. Even when Britt Baker or Hayter were at their most popular they never felt like someone that could or should main event an AEW PPV. The whole goal of Sasha getting signed should be to finally give them a woman who can credibly main event a PPV

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Yeah, I remember that growing up, but I just thought it was weird, especially since he, Dave, Mark Henry, and Bubba spend two hours when they're in talking about the current state of wrestling.
Wait, now I'm confused. What does Tommy Dreamer's podcast have to do with Hulk Hogan being a special attraction? What did you mean, Breh?