TONY KHAN STINKS! (TK DISAPPOINTED IN TV RIGHTS OFFER FROM WBD; WBD PLANS TO SUE FOR NBA RIGHTS; DYNAMITE NO MILLION WATCH: 519 DAYS/74 WEEKS)

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
You nailed it right here breh. I wouldn’t even call them fans. More like weirdo stans that just hate WWE.

That's basically it. The normal fans would be like 'this match stinks and Tony Khan's a fukking idiot"

But the dikkriding stans would be like "let it play out fed goon" or some foolishness. Like come on, not every Dub show is going to be epic. How come heads can't critique a dumb ass booking decision without being put on the damn cross.

Weird ass energy. Hell even during WWE's peak before the Dub (or lack there of), it was all cohesive arguments and shytposting, but it was due to stanning wrestlers and harmless stuff.

I could kill to have the energy of heads calling Roman Reigns stinky, instead of the spiteful dark bickering and meta commentary that sucked the fun out of wrestling nowadays.

Wrestling is legit in a good place, but dammit Tony Khan was foul with egging these dikkheads man. Dude became the 50 Cent to the wrestling industry. More talk about the number and dissing, instead of actually putting on a compelling album :francis:

AEW All Out III= GRODT

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
TNA was a good alternative but that had been a long time, MLW never had enough to offer to change the landscape on a national level. Alternative in this sense means on a relatively comparable scale in most facets. Those organizations weren't offering the kind of money or exposure over the last decade that Tony has provided, nor have they impacted the WWE in any meaningful way.

I mostly agree with what you said otherwise, but I don't think something has to necessarily be innovative to be impactful.
Good point.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Because outside of NXT until 2022 WWE was absolute garbage :aicmon:

Breh 2022 WWE was so weird. It sucks when I prefer the Covid period because it was out of the box WWE fukkery, and not so much Vince's last stand on some Fight for the Alamo dikk jokes and fart pal type of shyt.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Breh 2022 WWE was so weird. It sucks when I prefer the Covid period because it was out of the box WWE fukkery, and not so much Vince's last stand on some Fight for the Alamo dikk jokes and fart pal type of shyt.
Early ‘22- Some old Vince bullshyt

Mid to Late ‘22- Bloodline/Sami story kicks off ratings increase interest increases

Like night & day:wow:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
TNA was a good alternative but that had been a long time, MLW never had enough to offer to change the landscape on a national level. Alternative in this sense means on a relatively comparable scale in most facets. Those organizations weren't offering the kind of money or exposure over the last decade that Tony has provided, nor have they impacted the WWE in any meaningful way.

I mostly agree with what you said otherwise, but I don't think something has to necessarily be innovative to be impactful.

Yep, you and I see it the same way..

When TNA was really TNA and legitimately challenging WWE for market space, we saw this same type of fandom from a loud specific group. I feel like people either forget that or simply don’t remember. Social media wasn’t as loud, podcasts were barely a thing and there weren’t many wrestling content creators, so the temperature was much lower.. but it still existed. There’s just a magnifying glass on it now because of technology in general.

I don’t know if anyone here remembers Bill and Doug from that era. Pretty popular TNA superfans on YouTube that absolutely despised WWE and would flood the game with anti-WWE / pro-TNA rhetoric nonstop. Those dudes were really the inception of what we regularly see now. Looking back, they were pretty much the blueprint for drainbanger and humblewrestling types. They basically did for wrestling content what StevenJo did for prank shock-culture, for better or for worse

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Because outside of NXT until 2022 WWE was absolute garbage :aicmon:

Yeah and the story Paul Heyman wrote changed everything. None of that has anything to do with aew and triple h just riding the huge wave he inherited.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Yeah and the story Paul Heyman wrote changed everything. None of that has anything to do with aew and triple h just riding the huge wave he inherited.
Trips was booking NXT. I'm not sure why he isn't the obvious answer as to why WWE got better. Him and Heyman are clearly the reasons.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Notice who was booking NXT and Who's booking now. Trips is the reason not AEW.
People keeping saying outside forces forced WWE to change. Alright...name them, because outside of Janel Grant I don't see one. From all we know, everyone that jumped over did so after WWE wouldn't offer the same money or they couldn't agree on creative. It's like that for every single one except Danielson. People only think different because Tony has them either go on Dynamite and talk shyt or do it in interviews. So I guess if we look at it that way, him having his wrestlers do that somewhat works, unless they do an interview saying how they're going back to WWE the Tuesday before they debut lmao

I haven't seen any moves from them as though they're feeling any squeeze. I'm sure they've fukked around with AEW's access to certain arenas but they've always done that stuff, they've messed up shyt for MLW too. They're afraid of losing the business to the Youtube only show now too? Lol

"Well the wrestlers get paid more now because of competition". The Gallows, Andersons etc of the world got paid more in 2019 because all they knew was a billionaire's son was coming to play. After seeing the sandbox The Kid built, everybody overpaid got deavored and WWE hasn't matched any high dollar contracts from over there (Edge, Sasha, Ospreay, Okada, etc). They're telling them to go over there lmao, Mark Henry said they told him to get the money

Production's 100x upgraded because Dunn's gone. What actually changed because of them lol