Tory Lanez Ordered to House Arrest ...Until Meg Thee Stallion Trial Starts

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Tory Lanez Ordered to House Arrest ... Until Meg Thee Stallion Trial Starts

38064e947d7f41abb074ca4a2205f6da_md.jpg

Tory Lanez is going to be spending a lot more time inside -- a judge just placed him under house arrest until his trial against Megan Thee Stallion begins ... and it all stems from an alleged incident with August Alsina.

The order came down Wednesday during a court hearing in L.A. ... where it was ruled that Tory needs to be on lockdown until November 28 -- the start of the trial -- as a result of accusations he beat the crap out of Alsina in Chicago in September.

Prosecutors argued TL deserved to be remanded into custody because -- in their eyes -- he'd violated the conditions of his bail in the Meg case. They say he continues to pose a threat to public safety and that monetary bail alone wasn't enough of a deterrent.

Tory's attorney, Shawn Holley, pushed back, noting ... no charges had been filed in the Alsina case, and there were only allegations. As we reported, Alsina took to social media to allege Tory had sucker punched him, with bloody photos to boot -- this after he'd apparently been snubbed by the singer in passing earlier in the day.

The judge ended up splitting the difference, ordering Tory be confined to his home with a GPS ankle monitor beginning Friday.

Tory has to remain under house arrest until his felony assault trial gets underway. Remember, he's pleaded not guilty after being charged with firing the gun that seriously injured Meg in 2020.

We spoke to Tory as he was leaving court following the hearing, and he says the ruling was a perfect example of how the criminal justice system treats Black men.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
I don't like how people have used this case to promote this BM vs BW shyt. I feel an uncomfortable divide and uneasiness online between black people online. I think that's what's really bothering me about all this tbh.

The positive side to making a conscious effort on avoiding toxic social media this year is I haven’t had to bear witness to this. I have no stock in any particular outcome so the case seems straightforward to me. He thought he was a cowboy and the law taught him he wasn’t. Now he’ll have plenty of time in prison to think about it and then he’ll be deported back to Canada.