Tragedy on Prodigy’s Book: “He Lied On Me”

New Jeruz Jewelz

Wavey Vertigo Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Maybe he’s saying that Nas took a shot at Prodigy dying from choking. Nas has been one of the most vocal celebrities paying homage to P. Doing concert tributes and all that.

Oh shyt! I never thought about it like that. Hard to swallow and P dying from choking on the egg. Damn, I don’t think Nas was purposely trying a double meaning that fukked just off the overall vibe of this song. I think he meant that it’s hard for the OG’s to recognize P as a musical legend and they need to separate the two and give P his just do

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Oh shyt! I never thought about it like that. Hard to swallow and P dying from choking on the egg. Damn, I don’t think Nas was purposely trying a double meaning that fukked just off the overall vibe of this song. I think he meant that it’s hard for the OG’s to recognize P as a musical legend and they need to separate the two and give P his just do
That’s how I took it too. I seriously doubt Nas meant it in a wrong way.

Daps
I still don't see how cats make the reach that the "hard to swallow" line was a Prodigy diss.

It's a figure of speech. Nas would have to be the biggest dikkhead on the planet to mock someone's manner of death at the same time he's memoralizing him.

That's like saying it's disrespectul to take shots of liquor in memory of someone who died from gun violence or something like that. Everything in a song isn't metaphorical with hidden messages.