Trump Guts Clean Water Act After Dirty Water Just Caused E. Coli Outbreak

Triipe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Fulton / Mississippi
Your neighbor own a body of water, and decides to contaminate it by dumping industrial waste into the river, upstream from your property.

The poluter should be held personally liable, but the EPA is an intermediary that you have to appeal to for justice. Pre-EPA, companies that polluted areas could be held liable in civil and criminal court, with the creation of the EPA that was no longer the case. The EPA became the arbiter of Environmental justice, even though there were already mechanisms in place to where you could file suit against whom ever was the causing damages the environment

This is a total layman's perspective, and I will update if I can find the source for the legal precedents pre-EPA. Essentially the EPA is a Bureaucratic Construct, that can be lobbied by wealthy corporations to be more lenient in cases against the company... just like any other bureaucratic body.

Not saying the EPA is all bad, and u should go shyt in a river, but it ain't all good either

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I have talked about environmental issues going to sohh.com :francis:

I have also said repeatedly that is one of my biggest issues with Trump presidency (do I need to bring out the receipts going back to 2016??), knowing that he is a businessman that is one dimensional and not giving 2 Shiits about the environment.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Your neighbor own a body of water, and decides to contaminate it by dumping industrial waste into the river, upstream from your property.

The poluter should be held personally liable, but the EPA is an intermediary that you have to appeal to for justice. Pre-EPA, companies that polluted areas could be held liable in civil and criminal court, with the creation of the EPA that was no longer the case. The EPA became the arbiter of Environmental justice, even though there were already mechanisms in place to where you could file suit against whom ever was the causing damages the environment

This is a total layman's perspective, and I will update if I can find the source for the legal precedents pre-EPA. Essentially the EPA is a Bureaucratic Construct, that can be lobbied by wealthy corporations to be more lenient in cases against the company... just like any other bureaucratic body.

Not saying the EPA is all bad, and u should go shyt in a river, but it ain't all good either
your screen name really is appropriate.

ROFL_GUY

Bushed
Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
giphy.gif