Trying to get lean but maintain my strength. Should I do heavy weights with less reps? ?

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
You will lose strength no matter what you do to mitigate that, but yes lift as heavy as you can, take longer breaks between sets if need be to get the reps done.

Im cutting and spesh this week my strength has zapped, still 5k away from my goal so I am expecting not to be a strong
:mjcry:

But its all about looking like you lift heavy, chicks dont care how much deadlift
:russ:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have found the opposite to work better... I always work out with a wide range of reps... but when I cut I drop all the heavy low rep shyt

Energy is zapped and your mind is foggy.... prime recipe for INJURY

I have found that dropping the heavy shyt lets me continue to make gains... and when the cut is over I get right back to the heavy shyt like I never left. Takes maybe a month to recover to 100%

So that would be my approach.

Daps
Cardio first, throw in some bodyweight stuff like dips and pull ups and try to do a little lifting every day. If your body fat is already low, losing weight will mean losing muscle....and strength.

However a breh with high body fat can lose lots of weight (mostly fat) and keep their lifts almost the same. I've dropped from 226 to 184 lbs and the only lifts I've dropped on are shoulder press and bench press. Bench dropped because dips have been more effective in giving me the pec shape I want. Bench always makes me look "fluffy."

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
I have found the opposite to work better... I always work out with a wide range of reps... but when I cut I drop all the heavy low rep shyt

Energy is zapped and your mind is foggy.... prime recipe for INJURY

I have found that dropping the heavy shyt lets me continue to make gains... and when the cut is over I get right back to the heavy shyt like I never left. Takes maybe a month to recover to 100%

So that would be my approach.
Great fukking advice. I'm just now realizing this. Was trying to keep lifting the same shyt I was lifting before I started cutting and was barely doing it. Just decided to take some weight off what I lifted and realized it was the smart thing to do.