Trying to sell on streaming services...Does Distrokid automatically register a song with Content ID?

InterestedNow

Rookie
Daps
I want to post some songs for sale on streaming sites, but I want to make sure I play by the rules so as to not have anything taken down. I got some beats from freebeats.io*

On their site it says: You cannot register our beats with any sort of content identification service that sends out automated copyright claims. If you are using a distribution service (eg. TuneCore, DistroKid), you must ensure they DO NOT register your song with Content ID.

If I wanted to sign up with DistroKid, does anyone know whether they do or don't automatically register a song with Content ID? If they do it automatically, then I can't use their services (at least not for these particular songs), if it's optional, then I can still use their services.

Why DistroKid?
They are one of the companies saying they'll make your music available for purchase on many differnt platforms. I guess I can probably try to go one-by-one to different streaming stores instead and try to upload songs on there one-by-one, but I'm not sure if that's the most efficient way to do it.

Will anything sell? I can't sing at all, I'm not the best rapper, and I don't have any fans or followers yet. Plus, I'm putting a handful of songs up for sale instead of having them stream for free. It's really just about supplemental income for now. I'll be participating more by posting one-offs and freebies soon, but I do want to TRY to see what it would look like to sell some songs (kind of a learn-as-you-go thing).

I know that if I sell anything, the payouts are likely to be VERY low, but since I have no established fanbase, I don't have any grand illusions for now. I'm just a creative person, and want to try this out (by this I don't mean rapping/writing since I've been on that wave for years, but I mean actually putting product out there that people can buy if they so chose to do so).

Thanks for reading, and if y'all can help me out with the bolded questions, that would be very appreciated. Happy Holidays for those that celebrate.

*The customer service section of their website seems to be dead or on an extended hiatus. I tried to hit them up about a few things over the last 30 days, but they haven't got back to me. Oh well...

EastsideRio

You Can’t Stop The Rain ☔️
Daps
Reppin
DETROIT (Do Every Thing Right Or It's Trouble)
When you upload the tracks to distrokid you have the option of registering that upload with content ID. You should be good as long as you don't opt into Youtube content ID on those particular Tracks. That is an optional Ad-on but it's not mandatory.

Correct