Essential TV Cancellations,Renewals,Ratings, Pilots And General Discussion Thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who’s watching that shyt

I feel like for as long as I've been alive, that question could be asked about something like 75% of CBS shows. They're successful, but I've never been able to say I know of anyone who watches them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like for as long as I've been alive, that question could be asked about something like 75% of CBS shows. They're successful, but I've never been able to say I know of anyone who watches them.

It made far more sense in the 90’s than it does now. I remember seeing this commercial during the Super Bowl and im just like what….who is this for?

But then i remember there’s just like an entire market of detective/procedural drama shows that are still super popular yet i don’t know a single soul that watches any of them

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Who’s watching that shyt

Network TV, in particular procedurals, are for and watched by older demographics. Which is why anybody in their 30s or younger doesn't know anybody who watches them. Your parents or grandparents probably do, but don't talk about it.

From a report in 2020:

"The report pegged CBS as TV’s oldest-skewing network with an overall median age of 63.2 in primetime. Even more recent shows such as FBI (66.3) tilts to retirees. CBS’s only primetime series with a below 60 median age is Survivor (57.3)."