'Twisters' (dir. by Lee Isaac Chung) | Starring Daisy Edgar-Jones, Glen Powell | Official Trailer (7/19)

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm tired of Glen Powell in every movie.

But I love dumb disaster films. The original was one of my favorites.

Film Twitter desperately wants Powell to be a movie star. But I think we're getting to the point where it might not happen. He needs another gear besides charming nice guy or charming a$$hole.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Film Twitter desperately wants Powell to be a movie star. But I think we're getting to the point where it might not happen. He needs another gear besides charming nice guy or charming a$$hole.

He needs to Batsignal A24 for a film. He has the looks of a A+ Lister, but I think a Director hasn't challenged him to be Great. Ill say for this, is that director who made Minari is directing this movie, so we will see how this goes.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Literally looks like a requel (Remake/sequel).

Wouldn’t be surprised if the main chick in this is the daughter of Bill and Jo from the first one. Or someone who was inspired by the events in the first movie.

You literally see the “Dorothy” machine on the trucks.

But this looks entertaining and I can’t wait to watch :obama:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
He needs to Batsignal A24 for a film. He has the looks of a A+ Lister, but I think a Director hasn't challenged him to be Great. Ill say for this, is that director who made Minari is directing this movie, so we will see how this goes.
He's starring in Richard Linklater's next film 'Hit Man' that's been receiving praise from festival screenings.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I told @Lootpack Glen Powell is Memphis bleek for white people

"Charming a$$hole" may just be all what he needs for these blockbusters. Most of the audience were going crazy over homie in Top Gun: Maverick, where he basically played the same type of character.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I will say though, Twister was so special not just because of Helen and Bill, but for their goofballs... including Dusty :mjcry: Just a young, clean PSH. :laff: "Well there is some good news... its did fly."

:damn: WHITE CHOCOLATE!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm sitting here watching this trailer and I'm going to have a crazy take
I think this will make a billion dollars
There’s always that one movie with a :dahell: premise that does exceptionally better than expected. This one looks to be it. July thrill ride, great cast, accessible to families…you may be onto something there.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I doubt it will make a Billion Dollars, but it will make coin for sure as by the trailers there doesn't seem to be any... good chaser vs. bad chaser feud... nor a love romance that is taking hold... this just looks to be people trying to capture Tornado Data like in the first movie.

If this shyt goes platinum though, Glen Powell going be labelled as star-power as the movie is really banking on him to be the main character with his charm; which wouldn't be surprising as there is a ton of talent that are either British or artist'ish like Chalamet, there really is no Next Tom Cruise, a All-American Actor and Powell might be that person.