Tyler Perry signs huge extension with BET Media, hundreds of new episodes on the way

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

Tyler Perry is extending his partnership with Paramount. The prolific creator has signed a big new agreement with the company’s BET Media. Under the pact, he will deliver hundreds of new episodes to BET and BET+ spanning existing and new series.

Perry is well on his way as, under the deal, BET Media Group has picked up new seasons of 8 current and one new series from him. That includes an eighth season renewal for the #1 series among Black 18-49 viewers on all TV (per BET), Tyler Perry’s Sistas; a sixth season renewal for Tyler Perry’s The Oval; and fifth season renewals for Tyler Perry’s Assisted Living and Tyler Perry’s House of Payne — all on BET (For House of Payne, this would be Season 11 overall).

On BET+, renewed are Tyler Perry’s ZATIMA, Tyler Perry’s Ruthless, All The Queen’s Men, Tyler Perry’s BRUH, with new crime drama Tyler Perry’s Route 187 greenlighted for a 2025 debut. UPDATE: BET has revised the list of series pickups initially included in the deal announcement. The story has been adjusted accordingly.

All shows are executive produced, directed, and written by Perry.

The new agreement replaces Perry’s existing pact, which was set to expire this year. The writer, director, producer, actor, and playwright originally signed a mega deal with Paramount predecessor Viacom in 2017, which called for him to produce approximately 90 episodes annually of original drama and comedy series for BET and other Viacom networks.

Perry has exceeded that. Since launching his first BET series in 2019 after an initial development period, he has produced over 700 hundred episodes of series for BET as well as streaming platform BET+, in which he is a minority owner.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

Pharaoh

They told me take my chain off…let my body defrost
Daps
Reppin
The TOMB
I’m good with this but if Jeanine ain’t on crack I don’t care about House of Payne