UFC 239 [7/6] “Do You Believe In Miracles?” (Jon Jones/Thiago Santos, Amanda Nunes/Holly Holm)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
thiago-marreta-santos-paratrooper.jpg

So he was a paratrooper and refused to join favela gangs.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
He’ll end up losing his first fight due to this mentality. Reminds me of Silva’s mentality towards Weidman the first time.
I can agree with that... I would love to see a rematch between the two... I think the reason Jones didn't take him down is because he specializes in trying to beat his opponents at THEIR game. But I also think he felt santos power very early and was timid to go in like that...

Jones as said the ONLY fight he went into scared he was gonna get knocked out was the Rampage Jackson fight, because of rampages TDD, and KO power in both hands. The thing is Rampage never touched him early or later, Cromier didn't have any power, I think Santos is a combo of everything but Jones still won and control the pace for the most part.

There was a lot of talk that Rockhold was next for him but we saw what happen to him. Jones is only 31 and I'm sure eventually someone will come along to challenge him. Right now he's fighting regularly and seems to have his head straight now.

As far as Ben's interview, I mean what else is he supposed to say. Dana said it best post fight. Ben has had the two of the toughest fights back to back. One could argue the ref could've stopped the fight when Robbie was beating the hell out of him and this last fight he just got humiliated. I use that word because of all the shyt he was saying about Jorge(which is why Jorge was so celebratory).. Yes he can grapple but the top of that division is a murderous row and he would need an impressive 3 or 4 win streak to even get into contention for a title shot. I don't see it happening. After robbie put hands on him plus that that knee that could've cost him his life, I think he will be even more susceptible for Ko's now sorta like chuck liddell late in his career.