UH-OH: “Meek Mill got me FIRED from Complex and banned for life from Twitch” - DJ Akademiks

Daps
but he was the first to publicize the shyt like a video game, giving mfs demonic nicknames n dumb shyt.

he ain't start the violence but he perpetuated it, made a profit, and didn't lift a finger to stop it..

i heard he plans on giving the money from "war in chiraq" back somehow.. but we'll see

Was he the first? There are tons of documentaries and tv series on gang shyt. History Channel, VICE, etc

I dont even think he was first in hip hop. We had tings like Beef DVD and others.

The majority of the people he covered were rappers that were chasing clout.

He found a pot of gold that was producing tons of music and storylines. The storylines were consistent with the lyrics and lifestyle.

If people are going to make thier business public in the form of music or vlogs, then I dont see how ak is wrong for creating content out of it.

Classic debate btw

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
What happened?

nothing really, Complex axed the show.

viewership dove off a cliff during Covid, recording in studio was no longer an option.. my assumption is that the money this show generated via ad revenue was no longer worth the cost of production. Akademiks comes with a price tag, and it simply wasn’t worth it for complex. He turned down a renewal that was most likely a bargain on their part and it was pretty much decided to axe the show completely

so while it wasn’t a complete “you’re fired” type situation, it’s over regardless. Everyday struggle is over. No new hosts, no replacements. Show is bowing out in a few weeks once the contracts run their course

Last edited: