UNDERRATED black dishes? Here's a few of my top UNDERRATED black foods...

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Smoked Turkey Necks - I actually prefer smoked turkey rather than pork which is the usual choice. I find it being more meaty (pause) and flavorful.

Cabbage - One of my favorite veggies and honestly if placed right next to a pot of greens...cabbage will always my preferred choice.

Pecan Pie - To ME Pecan Pie is one of the most underrated desserts ever...it's sweet, crunchy & satisfying. Although I like fruit pies over sweet potato...for me Pecan actually beats all of them with ease...if I had to choose.

White Lima Beans - My mother told me that when I was able to start eating adult-like foods around 2yrs old one of the first meals I've ever eaten was smoked neckbones (without the bones obviously) and Lima Beans. Although I haven't eaten Lima Beans in years I still remember those days in my youth on Sundays, chilling with a bowl of Lima Beans and neckbones with hot sauce.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
grew up on the lima bean soup too. my grandmother used to make it with fatback on the side, i used to call that shyt white bacon

chicken stew with elbow macaroni
hush puppies
grits and eggs with liver puddin
bobba Q (pulled pork with vinegar sauce)
shoulder
fried chicken necks

i dont eat a lot of it now but when you said lima beans it brought back all that shyt my family ate back in the day

and i still make the lima beans...with smoked turkey tails or butter+ liquid smoke