unpopular opinion: Rondo is a better floor general than the "point god" CP3

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Coli basketball takes are so fukking trash. :mjlol:

Half the posters in this thread think they know something about an NBA player than NO ONE in the entire NBA has ever known.

I'm a huge Rondo fan, but if he was even 1/2 as good as Chris Paul in the playoffs then why would he be on his 9th team in 16 years and only made $10 million in a year once outside of his 2nd Celtics contract?

Chris Paul makes almost as much in 2 years as Rondo has made in his entire career. If ANYONE in the NBA thought he was comparable to CP3 in the playoffs then he would be making much, much more and CP3 would be making much, much less.

Your post will.make sense if this is a comparison of their overall ability as a player

So by your logic if one asserts that kyrie has better ball handling and isolation game than magic johnson and steph that means the author is claiming kyrie is the better overall player

It's possible for a player of lesser quality and status to be superior in one aspect of the game.

Daps
That's not what the thread is about and no one is making that assertion.

This is simply a comparison of both players ability to run an offence
You're failing to realize that in order to run a fluid offense you need to be a threat to score/shoot. Otherwise, defenders won't respect your offensive game and you won't be able to make the game easier for your teammates to the same degree that other point guards do. Now, you can make an argument that Rondo is a better passer, because that only requires the actual aspect of passing the ball and nothing else, whereas running the offense/being a floor general requires a lot more than just passing.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Your post will.make sense if this is a comparison of their overall ability as a player

So by your logic if one asserts that kyrie has better ball handling and isolation game than magic johnson and steph that means the author is claiming kyrie is the better overall player

It's possible for a player of lesser quality and status to be superior in one aspect of the game.

I was responding to "half the posters in this thread", not your take specifically. Multiple people in the thread claimed they prefer Rondo to CP3 overall.

But no, I don't think Rondo is a better floor general than CP3 either.

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
I was responding to "half the posters in this thread", not your take specifically. Multiple people in the thread claimed they prefer Rondo to CP3 overall.

But no, I don't think Rondo is a better floor general than CP3 either.
That's fair enough

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
You're failing to realize that in order to run a fluid offense you need to be a threat to score/shoot. Otherwise, defenders won't respect your offensive game and you won't be able to make the game easier for your teammates to the same degree that other point guards do. Now, you can make an argument that Rondo is a better passer, because that only requires the actual aspect of passing the ball and nothing else, whereas running the offense/being a floor general requires a lot more than just passing.

You are right in how a player's scoring threat opens up.the floor

Perhaps I should have worded it differently as I rate rondo's passing and court vision more than CP3's

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

It's wrong

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
nikkas want Rondo on their team until the other team is doubling off of him & leaving him open to shoot.

1. Rondo has never made an all star team or all nba without KG & Paul Pierce on his roster. People seem to forget that Rondo got all his fame when he was passing to 3 players named to the 75th anniversary team.

2. The Celtics have lost games/series because of Rondo’s inability to shoot.

3. It took the Celtics only 1.5 seasons to realize Rondo wasnt it and traded him away.

As much as I hate Chris Paul, he’s a way better basketball player than Rondo. The Celtics wouldve had CP3 from 08-12, we’d be looking at another 2-3 chips easily.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Rondo got his rings when he played with KG/PP/Ray Allen and Lebron and AD. What happened every where else?
I think he lead the league in assists when he was in Sacramento. That deserves some sort of trophy

Easy-E

Suffering From Success #1200Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy
Exactly, how can a nikka that shot 65% from the FT, in the playoffs, for his career be an offensive threat when over half of his shots came within 3 feet of the rim?

I'm a CP3 stan, I'm fighting for my life.

:damn: